chapter 24

"Take his gun", Yeonjun said to the black-haired male who hunched down to the spy at once and pushed away the fabric of his suit to reveal his gun tucked in his waistband, quickly ripping it off. "Now tell me who are you and who sent you", Yeonjun ordered and the man under him tried to stand up but Yeonjun pressed his foot painfully onto his body, causing him to cry out in pain.

          "No one", he said in a panicked voice as he looked up at the boy with scared eyes, trying to not stare at the muzzle which was threateningly pointed at him, "No one sent me. I was just going to my apartment"

          "Then why do I see you everywhere?"

          "It's a coincidence, I swear. I'm seeing you for the first time"

          Yeonjun rolled his eyes in annoyance, getting tired of the older's poor attempts to lie and he pushed his foot even further into his body, causing the man to cry out once more, "Say! I'm losing my patience", he warned, "Was it Namjoon? Did he send you to spy on me, huh?"

          The man didn't even have any idea who Namjoon was, but he nodded his head in agreement at once, because if he mentioned Soobin's name the latter would definitely kill him and if he kept quiet then Yeonjun would be the one doing it. He was trapped. "Yes. It was him", he said hopefully, eagerly nodding his head.

          Yeonjun eyed him suspiciously, not feeling assured by his response, "What does he want?", he asked anyways as he knitted his eyebrows, his voice sounding a bit thoughtful now.

          "I don't know. He just told me to watch you and inform him about every detail"

          "He's looking for the formulas", Yeonjun mumbled to himself, causing Beomgyu's brooding eyes to snap to him as the older lowered his gaze, deeply thinking about something, "Okay", he finally spoke and moved his foot off the man, standing firmly on the ground with both of his feet and the latter could finally breathe normally again. Yeonjun briskly hunched down to him and roughly grabbed his collar, bringing the man closer to him as he pierced through his soul with his fierce eyes, "Now go back to your boss and tell him that he will never find whatever he is looking for, it's time for him to give up once and for all and you", he said firmly, causing the man to shudder from the coldness of his voice, "I'll see you on my path again and I'll feed you to stray dogs, got it?"

          Being shaken to the core by the younger's deadly words and haunting eyes, the spy swiftly nodded his head and Yeonjun released his collar before straightening his body and thrusting his gun under his waistband. "Let's go", he said to the black-haired boy who had been watching them during that time and Beomgyu quickly threw the gun at the man before leaving the building with the blonde boy. "You think Namjoon is going to give up?", he asked curiously since he was heavily doubting that, Namjoon didn't seem the type of person who would give up on his goal that easily.

          "I don't care, because I've hidden formulas really well. He's never gonna reach them"

          A thoughtful expression settled on Beomgyu's face as the boy lowered his gaze and nodded his head, crossing the road after the red traffic light was turned on. They passed through the large crowd of people, finally reaching Yeonjun's car and seating themselves inside as the older pulled out his keys to switch on the engine, "Why are you just keeping the formulas?", he suddenly asked, darting the older's curious eyes to himself, "I mean, why don't you use them instead? Maybe if time travel is really possible you can save your parents from death"

          That thought had crossed Yeonjun's mind many times, but he had always been so obsessed with the idea of destroying Namjoon, that he never really had enough energy to work for something as hard as that, because it could take years. And what if he failed even if he did? It would be destructive for a tortured person like him, to see his parents dying over again. He was scared, scared of any possible problems the time machine could create for him or even for the world, he had always been interested in discovering the right formula, but deep down he was afraid of creating it because it could change the world forever.