chapter 49

6th Dimension, April 29, 2030, Busan

           Yeonjun stopped his car at the orphanage, his eyes excited and expectant as he and Beomgyu both unbuckled their seatbelts and got outside. Yeonjun knew it could be the beginning of something new, his path to finding his brother... The only problem was that Seojun still knew nothing about any of that, however, Yeonjun was going to deal with him later. Now all he could care about was finding his biological brother. Maybe then they all could live like a real family.

           A middle-aged woman greeted them and let them inside, all of them walking through the beautiful yard before entering the orphanage building. Beomgyu wasn't letting go of Yeonjun's hand, knowing the skin contact always used to soothe the younger. It was also comforting to him as well because when he was scanning the area, he was recalling the days he had spent there. Despite being an orphan child, his life at that place was really cheerful and colourful. He liked playing with his peers and making friends... It's a bad thing that he started to get more reserved as he grew up.

          They were led into one cabinet where they sat on the chairs at the desk, waiting for the director of that place to show up. After some time, the door cracked open and another middle-aged woman stepped inside, greeting them before seating herself in front of them at her desk.

          "What are you here for, gentlemen?"

          "Um... we need some information about a certain someone", Yeonjun said and scratched his neck awkwardly, hoping she could provide help. 

          "What's the name?"

          Yeonjun gulped and bit his lip nervously while squeezing Beomgyu's hand a bit, "I don't know his name. The only thing I know about him is that in 2001 he was left here at the door in the middle of the night. He must be 28 now. I want to know his name or where he is currently"

          It was a weird coincidence that Beomgyu was also 28 years old currently and came from the same orphanage. Beomgyu had no idea why this fact seemed to be awakening strange and disturbing feelings inside him, but he did everything to push them back down, so they wouldn't bother him.

          "A lot of children are abandoned every year, sir. This is not enough information for us to find that person, but I will contact the house mother that used to work here in that period and tell her to contact you, alright? Just give me your contact information"

          Yeonjun briskly nodded and scrabbled down his phone number on the paper, then they both thanked her and left. Beomgyu could notice how nervous his fiancé was as they got in the car, so he reached for the younger's hand and squeezed it reassuringly, causing Yeonjun's eyes to drift to him.

          "Do you think that foster mother will be able to help us?", he asked worriedly and Beomgyu squeezed his hand again.

          "I know her", he said, "She was such a sweet woman. She loved every kid really much and took extra care of them. I'm sure she still remembers your brother, so don't lose your hope, okay? We will find him"

          However, Beomgyu had no idea why he was so scared of that idea. He would love nothing more than to see his Yeonjun happy but... something really bad was bothering him and he had a strange feeling in his gut that he couldn't find a name for. He just hoped everything would turn out alright because he and Yeonjun were having a wedding in two days and Beomgyu didn't want anything to stand in the way of their happiness.

Alternate Reality #15, 2025, Seoul, South Korea

          Small cries left his lips as his blurry eyes were fixed on the road ahead of him, his body shaking uncontrollably. A heavy feeling weighed down his heart, threatening to suffocate him with its sheer heaviness, and he wished that it would stop but... it never did. His fingers gripped tightly onto the steering wheel, knuckles turning white while another one held his cell phone and searched for Yeonjun's number frantically, calling him desperately but to no avail. Yeonjun wasn't answering him.