chapter 28

The brown-haired male walked through the halls of a large company, flashing fake smiles to others and bowing occasionally on his way to his boyfriend's cabinet. He grabbed the handle as soon as he arrived at the door and pushed it open, revealing Namjoon sitting at his desk and reading some files. He hated doing his work in his companies, he only loved the money he was earning from his business, so he couldn't run away from work sometimes, he wanted to keep his hardworking, intelligent image in other people's eyes.

          His head whipped up at the cracking sound of the door and a big smile decorated his face when he saw his beloved boyfriend walking inside, "Good evening, darling", he greeted and took off his glasses, packing the older's lips after Seokjin arrived to his desk and leaned down to him.

          "Good evening", he replied, seating himself on the chair in front of his boyfriend, "What are you doing?"

          Namjoon sighed at his question and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Just taking care of my boring business", he replied in dissatisfaction, a chuckle escaping his lips, "Doing illegal things is much more fun, ya know?"

          Seokjin nodded his head, "But you look tired. You need to take a rest"

          "I can't yet. I still need some more minutes and I'll be do-", but he was interrupted when suddenly his phone rang on his desk, grabbing his attention and his eyebrows furrowed when he took the device and read the caller ID.

          "Who is it?", Seokjin asked curiously since he saw his boyfriend's confused expression, he was afraid that besides his attempts, his men would still manage to find something about Yeonjun and inform Namjoon about that.

          "My acquaintance", Namjoon answered as he shrugged his shoulders, "I'm sure he wants something from me or otherwise he wouldn't even remember me", he said with an evil smirk and answered his phone, causing nervousness to disappear from the older's heart and he nodded his head in satisfaction.

          He fell into silence and let his boyfriend talk to his acquaintance. His eyes were roaming around the office since he was trying to distract himself, but soon his attention got grabbed by the younger when he suddenly leapt up from his seat and yelled into the phone, "You did what?!"

          Seokjin looked up at him with curious eyes, noticing how different colours of excitement ran over his boyfriend's face and he wondered what that man told him so exciting, "Okay! I'll send my men right now, but keep them in your eyesight, I need to know where they are... don't worry I'll pay you very well"

          Seokjin's heart raced uncomfortably and he stood up from his seat, watching his boyfriend anxiously as he moved his phone off his ear and declined the call. Seokjin was about to ask him what was happening, but then suddenly Namjoon ran to him and picked him up from the ground, laughing crazily as he spun his boyfriend, causing him to become even more anxious because it had been a long time since he had seen Namjoon that happy, "I found them, Seokjin! I found that motherfucker", he announced happily and put the older back on the floor, not even aware of the dread which was running through his mind.

          "W-who?", he asked anxiously as he tried to not bring his nervousness to light, he didn't need Namjoon doubting him or if he found out about his betrayal, he wouldn't even hesitate to kill him.

          "Yeonjun! Who else was I looking for? Okay, I need to call my men now, they'll go and get him", he said in excitement and walked back to his desk to pick up his phone and Seokjin kept trying to hide his nervousness, he needed to call Soobin as soon as possible.

          "Wow, congratulations", he faked a smile and chuckled bitterly, "Honey, I'll use the bathroom and be back, okay?"

          But Namjoon was so absorbed in his thoughts that he even forgot to respond, so Seokjin quickly ran to the door and walked outside, anxiously pulling his phone out of his pocket as he rushed to the restroom and locked inside, praying that Soobin would pick his call soon because all their plans would fail through if something bad happened to Yeonjun.