chapter 42

Alternate reality #2, September 20, 2022

          Yeonjun was looking down at his own blood on his hand and feeling a little rushes of dizziness washing over his head as a horrible, stinging pain wouldn't stop attacking his neck. His mind was so clouded with shock and fear, that he couldn't even notice the noise around him, and at a certain spot several people were rushing while others were running away with screams, scared of the sound of the gunshot.

          Yeonjun's vision went a bit blurry as he put his hand on his neck again, his fingers searching for the bullet, but it wasn't in there to his surprise, it more looked like a bullet had grazed his skin while flying right beside his neck. He had no idea if that wound was supposed to kill him or not, but he still panicked and panted from fear, his body totally shaking until he didn't hear the second gunshot too and people's screams penetrated his ears so painfully that he even wanted to shout at the top of his lungs.

          A few tears dropped down his face as his eyes anxiously looked around, searching for the car of his brother through his blurry vision and his heart almost stopped when he ran a bit forward and saw it right where the gunshots were coming from and where people were running to.

          He saw a bleeding body on the sidewalk, behind the huge building as he got close and there was a masked figure with a gun in his hand and Yeonjun gasped when his tearful and bloodshot eyes suddenly met his. Waves of shock streaked through the blue-haired boy, because the eyes of that male, looked exactly like his. He saw him raising his gun in his direction and Yeonjun's every muscle stiffened in his body as he got ready for death, but then the police sirens were heard and the boy with the gun panicked at once, his eyes darting towards the police cars which were going to the crime scene and he briskly ran into another direction to avoid getting caught, leaving Yeonjun dumbstruck on his place.

          His eyes darted toward the crowd of people after the boy was out of his sight and he quickly rushed to them with a shaking heart as he was terrorized by what he would see there because his brother was nowhere in sight even though his car was stopped there beside the building. The very breath was sucked from his mouth when he pushed through the people and saw his brother lying on the ground with his eyes closed, his body bleeding from the brutal wound in his heart.

          "No", he said in a faint voice as tears flowed down his pale cheeks and his heart started harshly hammering against his chest, almost breaking through it, "No, no, no", he exclaimed in a louder tone this time and he fell to the body with his knees, feeling too heavy from the emotions which got piled up inside his bleeding heart, "Hyung", he cried as he gently held the older's head and softly brushed his blonde locks off his forehead, "Hyung, please, please, open your eyes", he begged as he tapped his cheek, trying to wake him up, but no avail, because his heart had already stopped forever, "Please, hyung", Yeonjun sobbed as he raised his body a bit and embraced the male to his chest, his face planting in his head as he wept heavily, "Oh god, don't die. God, no, no. This can't be real, please, no"

          The sirens of the ambulance started blaring soon since someone called 991 as soon as they saw the person shot. However, Seojun was already laying dead in his own brother's arms and there was no way back into that cursed world for him. They were just about to meet. They hadn't seen each other for a really long time and now Yeonjun was embracing him with his whole strength, but the problem was that he could no longer feel his brother's excited heartbeat against himself like he used to in the past.

          The sky wept over him as he cried and mourned him, all the memories of their childhood flashing in his mind. He was shocked, devastated, and walking through hell. Everything had happened too fast for him to analyze reality properly. He was still feeling like he was being in a nightmare and he would wake up soon. He tried, he wanted to open his eyes in another place so bad, but in vain, because every time he opened them, he was still swimming in his brother's blood.