chapter 33

It was midnight, but no one slept in the house. Taehyun had stayed in Soobin's room, laying beside him with his clothes on and swimming in his brooding thoughts, his elbow propped on the pillow as his head was rested in his palm and his second hand would brush the older's hair occasionally. Huening Kai was in Taehyun and his room, staring out of the window with wistful eyes as he waited for his boyfriend to return, but hours were passing by and he still couldn't see even a trace of him. His boyfriend was still pissed and there was a hint of resentment in Kai's heart too because Taehyun knew that Yeonjun was acting wrong several hours ago, but he still decided to be on his side and even yelled at the younger. They didn't even have clue where Yeonjun was at the moment, because he hadn't returned home after the terrible incident, he wasn't answering their calls either and Taehyun was sick worried about him.

          He couldn't help but let his eyes drop some tears occasionally because his anguish was too strong to contain them in himself. Everything was messed up. He had never seen Yeonjun and Soobin fighting before, especially, like that even though they always used to have little arguments. He had no idea how things were going to be fixed because it seemed impossible to him. Sometimes he missed the old times very much, when they were still in the university, they were so youthful and happy back then. Comparing their past and present was bringing tears to his eyes because he wanted to go back, to live peacefully and happily with his friends again. If he only could change that awful incident which changed their lives two years ago, maybe they would be able to know what happiness feels like once more.

          Meanwhile, Beomgyu was in his own house, laying on the bed and playing with the key he found in his dead father's hand years ago. What if it was the key to all secrets and that was exactly why it was so hard to find the door it would manage to unlock? It was also possible that Beomgyu was just exaggerating and it was some regular key, but he couldn't just get rid of doubts which were looming in his head. Obviously, he didn't believe whatever Namjoon said to him earlier, because he knew very well that man was sick, but he was also feeling the necessity to make sure that he wasn't wrong because he remembered the time when he was taken to his grandmother after his father's death and that woman kept saying that he wasn't his grandson and refused to take care of him, that's why he had to grow up in the orphanage. He had never even tried to look for her after that, he didn't even want to see her face, because there was pain left by her in his heart ever since his childhood, but now, he knew he wouldn't be able to avoid meeting her once again because she was the only one left alive in his family and maybe she had also answers to his questions.

          "Yeah", he whispered to himself, "I should definitely see her"

          He didn't even know when he fell asleep in those thoughts, there were only a couple of hours left before the sunrise. He was woken up by loud knocks in the morning and he groaned in dissatisfaction, kicking his blanket angrily and putting on his slippers before leaving his room and marching towards the door while rubbing his watery eyes to clear his vision. As soon as he opened the door, he saw two cops standing in front of him, which caused him to furrow his eyebrows and stare at them with a puzzled expression.

          "Good morning, sir", one of them greeted and Beomgyu bowed his head politely.

          "Morning"

          "Are you Choi Beomgyu?"

          Even more, nervousness sprang up in the youngest's mind, causing his heart to quicken anxiously as he was afraid that the police had found anything about his crimes, "Y-yes", he stammered, looking nervously at the cops.

          "Two days ago your mother was found dead on your father's grave, sir", he said and crazy shock streaked through the black-haired male, causing his eyes to bulge out as his mouth slacked open and his brain stopped functioning for a moment. He tried to process the startling information he just heard, there was no way something like that was possible, "You need to come to the police department with us. We have a few questions to ask"