chapter 46

"Are you okay?", Huening Kai asked as he stared at the blonde boy sitting across him at the table with a thoughtful expression decorating his face.

          The two boys were currently sitting in a cafe, having a little date and enjoying the quiet atmosphere of it all. They were talking about different things, discussing their plans, however, Huening Kai could notice that his lover would space out sometimes as if something was deeply bothering him. So, he decided to bring up his question once more, "What is wrong?"

          Taehyun gave him a small smile and shook his head lightly to get back to reality. He looked down at his hand and intertwined his fingers with Kai's before looking him straight in the eyes. "I'm just a little tired. I had a sleepless night"

          Huening Kai furrowed his brows worriedly. His lover always looked like he had been through hell and back. But this time there seemed to be something else going on, "We should head home then, so you can get some rest"

          Taehyun didn't say anything, he just beamed and nodded his head before getting on his feet and leaving the cafe with his boyfriend. As soon as they stepped outside they were met with an uncomfortable cold breeze, making Taehyun shiver. Kai definitely noticed that and took off his jacket to drape it over the older's shoulders, not letting go of the smaller hand that was still linked with his own.

          "You'll be cold", Taehyun said with concern laced in his big, doe eyes which were glimmering like stats under the bright streetlights.

          "No, it's fine", Kai assured with a smile, squeezing the boy's soft hand in reassurance. "It's warm in the car anyways"

          Taehyun didn't argue and walked to the car with his boyfriend before they could both seat themselves in the car and head home.

          The ride wasn't long but by the time they reached their house, they already felt like the cold was burning their bones and made them feel like they'd lost a lot of blood. Something unknown invaded the expression in Taehyun's eyes when he noticed Soobin's car in the yard which meant that the latter was home. Taehyun didn't even know if he was supposed to feel glad or scared for that matter but he knew that he needed to have a conversation with him. Taehyun couldn't let those nerve-wracking doubts keep eating away at his conscious any longer.

           "I'll check upon Soobin hyung and be right back, alright?", Taehyun told the younger in a pleading tone, hoping the boy wouldn't be upset.

          Huening Kai nodded and kissed the back of his hand, then smiled at him softly, "Alright. I'll be waiting for you"

          Taehyun gave him a tight-lipped smile and nodded before arriving at Soobin's door and knocking a few times, opening it when he received no response from inside.

          Taehyun peeked into the room and his eyes came across his friend's figure that was sitting on the armchair at the window and holding a glass of wine between his thin fingers. He seemed like he was deep in thought about something and he looked distressed. He didn't even spare Taehyun any glance as he kept looking outside blankly.

          "Hey", Taehyun spoke first while taking slow steps towards his friend who didn't even move.

          "...Hey", Soobin said blankly and sipped some wine while continuing staring outside of the large window.

          A frown formed on Taehyun's forehead as he marched towards him and looked at his best friend with worry, "...Soobin hyung...", still nothing, his best friend didn't seem too happy. "We need to talk"