chapter 23

Waking up in a comfortable and fluffy bed after laying in the hospital for three nights couldn't feel better to the black-haired male as he woke up with a completely refreshed mind in the morning and greeted the sunlight with a faint beam.

          He let out a small yawn and stretched in bed, ignoring a tiny pain which appeared in his chest at once. He pushed away the covers and got on his feet, walking into the kitchen to take his pills and disappearing into the bathroom after that. Fortunately, his wound was no longer dangerous, so he was allowed to shower normally. Beomgyu couldn't be happier by the idea that he could finally clean himself properly.

          Yeonjun was still sleeping when he returned to the room, his messy yellow locks scattered all over his forehead as his eyelashes touched the skin softly below his eyes and small snores were leaving his lips. He looked very peaceful and harmless like that and Beomgyu wished he was always like that because he couldn't help but be sicklily interested in the boy, maybe because he was strongly reminding him of someone but he couldn't lay a finger on it. That someone must have been really special to him since he was making him feel sympathetic towards the harsh person like the older, or it was just an illusion of Beomgyu's mind.

          He let out a sigh after he managed to release himself from his thoughts and he realized only now that his eyes had been fixed on Yeonjun during that entire time. He swallowed and shook his head in dissatisfaction, slowly sauntering towards the boy to fix his cover which was halfway on the floor, draping it over the older's body again since it was a bit cold in the early morning and he didn't want him to catch a cold again when he seemed to already have recovered from the previous one.

          He sat on the little free space on the sofa after that, placing himself in front of the older's body and looking down at him with a curious gaze, trying to remember him, but to no avail. "Who are you, Choi Yeonjun?", he whispered quietly, not letting the older one hear him as he tried to cope with the weird feelings in his heart.

          He was feeling eager all over again after several days of giving up, willing to find every truth that was hidden from him, but the problem was that he didn't know how to do it and Yeonjun no longer wanted to help him. The older must have been really worn out to give up so easily because in the beginning he never used to stop until he would get whatever he wanted, but recently he had become different and no one knew the real reason for it, not even Yeonjun himself. Beomgyu didn't want to leave him like that, what if he kept on fighting?

          One side of him was telling him that there was no point in trying and he needed to just go and live the life he had always dreamed of, but the other side of him, more certainly his guts was encouraging him to somehow reassure the older boy and convince him that there was something really serious happening around them and they needed to uncover it. You would rarely see Beomgyu believing his intuition and for the first time in his life, he wanted to do that now, because he didn't want to let Yeonjun go if he was really someone very close to him no matter how unbelievable it sounded to him.

          "Take a picture it will last longer"

          Beomgyu was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts and embarrassment washed over him in rhythmic waves when he discovered that his eyes were still fixed on the yellow-haired male who was now rubbing his eyes. "Uh, sorry, I didn't mean to sta-"

          "Why are you sitting here? You're supposed to be laying", Yeonjun cut him off as the younger nervously stood up from the sofa and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, averting his gaze from the newly awoken boy who slightly sat up with his one elbow leaned against the couch.

          "I saw that your covers had fallen on the floor and I wanted to fix them", Beomgyu answered in a bit of shame as he marched to his nightstand while Yeonjun's confused gaze was fixed on his back, "Sorry if I woke you up"