chapter 40

6th Dimension, 2022

          "Hey", Yeonjun whispered as he walked towards the entrance of his house with Beomgyu, holding hands with him, "Don't be nervous, okay? I'm sure they're gonna like you"

          Beomgyu hummed softly, his eyes fixed on the ground as his free hand was tucked in the pocket of his pants. He didn't even doubt that Yeonjun's family was kind and would accept him as their own family member, but he still couldn't stop disturbing rushes of anxiety from running across his body. He was meeting them for the first time after all. Yeonjun meant the world to him and he wanted to leave a good impression on his family, but the problem was that he had no idea how to do it and he was afraid that he would make a mistake accidentally.

          Yeonjun was obviously noticing his nervousness since his boyfriend was never this quiet. He had no idea how to assure him that there was no reason for him to be anxious. Even though his parents had never met him, they still loved the boy as their own son because what mattered the most to them, was that he was making Yeonjun happy and they didn't need another reason for loving Beomgyu.

          "Beom", Yeonjun sighed as he stopped at the main door and Beomgyu halted his moves too, avoiding eye contact when Yeonjun turned to him, "Even though you grew up in the orphanage without your parents' supervision, you are an amazing person. You could get on the wrong way, but you chose the right path and that way has brought you to me. My parents know everything about you and they really appreciate you, trust me. They have always been impatient to meet you and I'm sure they are waiting for you with the happiest faces now inside. Do you really think you need to be nervous? Don't stress yourself out, baby", he said as his palm gently touched the older's cheek, causing his glinting eyes to snap to him. Yeonjun flashed him a soft smile, "It will be okay, I promise"

          Beomgyu felt Yeonjun's words blowing away his anxiety a bit and he felt much easier from inside. A pool of nervousness was replaced by a total excitement which bubbled up at the bottom of his stomach when Yeonjun's pink, tender lips touched his ones and made butterflies dance around his heart. It was a short, pure kiss, but still enough to cheer the older boy up. He couldn't help but smile when Yeonjun pulled away and grinned happily at him, his hand extending towards his direction, "Let's go?", he asked joyfully and Beomgyu nodded his head, pecking his boyfriend's cheek before holding his hand.

          Yeonjun turned towards the door this time and knocked on the door. Beomgyu felt his heart racing at once, almost jumping up his throat. He gulped down heavily and his hand subconsciously squeezed Yeonjun's one when he heard footsteps approaching them from the inside, his nose letting out nervous breaths. Yeonjun also squeezed his hand in order to comfort his boyfriend and even his heart accelerated from excitement when he heard the clicking sound as someone unlocked the door. Soon he saw his mother who had a big, genuine smile plastered on her face, Beomgyu barely made eye contact with her as he beamed softly, still feeling nervousness rushing in his bones.

          "Good evening, kids", the woman said cheerfully and fixed his eyes on the boyfriend of her son, watching him with a sincere admiration in her eyes.

          "Good evening", Beomgyu greeted back, bowing his head as a sign of his politeness while Yeonjun drifted his excited eyes between his mother and boyfriend.

          "I'm happy I finally met you, Beomgyu", Yeonjun's mother said genuinely, shaking hands with the younger boy as Beomgyu smiled in response.

          "I'm glad too Mrs Park"

          The woman smiled even wider at that, she was already sure she wasn't wrong about him when she kept assuming that Beomgyu was the right person for her son, "Come in", she said, stepping away to give some space to the boys who walked inside with holding hands, Yeonjun leading his boyfriend to the living room while his mother followed them behind.