chapter 43

Changwon, South Korea

          "No! We're not doing this!"

          Beomgyu ran forward to catch up with the male who was walking ahead of him with fast steps while tucking the gun into his waistband.

          Yeonjun didn't even spare a glance at him as he kept strolling towards the door of a small house in one quiet block. Fortunately, he had managed to find Beomgyu's grandmother's address, but he was annoyed that now Beomgyu was trying to stop him. The younger seemed too silly to realise that his grandma wasn't worth his worry. That woman used to treat him like complete trash. How could Beomgyu have sympathy towards a person like that?

          "Yeonjun!", Beomgyu yelled and grabbed the male's wrist, swiftly turning him around.

          "Calm the fuck down!", Yeonjun growled harshly, pushing the boy away as he was feeling quite annoyed too by his childish actions.

          "You can't just go and point the gun at the old person", Beomgyu argued angrily, "Don't you have feelings at all?"

          "Not for people like her", Yeonjun huffed into his face, glaring at the boy with sharp, piercing eyes.

          He eyed the younger with an annoyed stare before turning around and kept walking on his way, looking totally unbothered by Beomgyu's protests. He arrived at the door and knocked on it with his fist, but then Beomgyu dashed to him and flipped him around once more, painfully grabbing his arm, "It's my grandma and I'm not letting you do that to her", he said firmly while Yeonjun looked at him in confusion, brows drawn together in frustration, "If you're gonna act like a bastard, then we're leaving now"

          "I've travelled kilometres to get the information from her", Yeonjun spoke categorically as he struggled to release his arm from the boy's hold, making his fingers tighten even more around it, "Hell, no. There is no way I'm going back without getting what I'm here for", he stated, attempting once more to get rid of the boy's hand, "I'm not like you. Once I've made a decision, I will do anything to accomplish it ~ fuck! You're hurting me. Let go!"

          Beomgyu finally let him push his hand away to rub the reddened skin on his arm, seconds of uncomfortable silence suffocating both of them.

          "I-", Beomgyu started in a firm voice as he stepped up closer to the male, but he got interrupted and frozen in his place when the door behind Yeonjun got suddenly opened, revealing his grandma with a gloomy face, dressed in blacks.

          Her eyes widened at the sight of the raven-haired male at the door of her house, anger simmering inside her which made her face go red.

          Both Yeonjun's and Beomgyu's eyes snapped to the fuming woman in the door frame, but before she could say anything to them, Yeonjun quickly grabbed the handle of his gun and pulled it out, aiming it at her forehead. The woman shrieked loudly, completely caught off her guard as her eyes grew even wider from pure horror.

          "Now you are going to act kindly and let us come inside, or the bullet will be flying right through your forehead"

          Beomgyu groaned silently as he shut his eyes in a pang of horrible guilt and hung his head low, his fingers pressing his temple to stop himself from exploding right there. He wanted to slap the male so bad for acting so cruelly and having no empathy at all, but instead, he looked at his grandma with sorrowful eyes, his hand placed on his hip.

          The woman got completely speechless, rooting to her spot. She was afraid to make a move as she watched the muzzle pointed at her, freezing the blood in her veins.