chapter 53

6th Dimension, June 2, 2030

          The living room was engulfed in darkness as the clock ticked away the seconds. The only source of light was from a nearby TV, casting long shadows across the floor. The silence of the night and his surroundings seemed to fill all empty spaces with its ominous atmosphere. The air hung heavy around him and it felt almost suffocating like there were invisible walls holding back whatever emotion he wanted to feel.

          He'd been sitting on the floor like that since the morning, just staring blankly at the television screen, his eyes completely dull, his knees to his chest while he was leaning against the sofa with his back. He'd been doing exactly that for a month now; ever since he watched the news about the explosion in Bugaskan and found out about the death of his loved ones who had become the victims of a massive explosion. He hadn't cried yet or anything, but every time he closed his eyes he saw the faces of those he cared most for in the world flash before him and he had dark bags under his eyes as a sign of countless sleepless nights...

          Beomgyu, Seojun and Taehyun had left him behind forever.

... 𝖭𝖺𝗌𝖺 𝖽𝗈𝖾𝗌𝗇'𝗍 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗌𝗈𝗅𝗎𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗎𝗉𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖽𝗂𝗌𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋. 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗇𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝗌𝖾𝖾𝗆𝗌 𝗎𝗇𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖽𝖾𝖼𝗂𝖽𝖾 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗈𝗐 𝗉𝖾𝗈𝗉𝗅𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖾𝗏𝖺𝖼𝗎𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗂𝗋 𝗁𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗀𝗈 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗎𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋𝗀𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝗋 𝗇𝗈𝗍. 𝖳𝗁𝖾𝗒'𝗋𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗋𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝗂𝗀𝗎𝗋𝖾 𝗂𝗍 𝗈𝗎𝗍, 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗂𝖿 𝗇𝗈𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝗌 𝖽𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗈𝗈𝗇 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗈𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝗀𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝖽𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾𝗋... 𝖠𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽 𝗌𝖼𝗂𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝗇𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝖼𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝗌𝖼𝖾𝗇𝖺𝗋𝗂𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗄𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖺𝗉𝗈𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗒𝗉𝗌𝖾 𝗁𝗂𝗍𝗌...

          The frequent gleams coming from the TV flickered over Yeonjun's dejected face which looked totally unaffected by the horrifying news which would change the life of billions of people very soon.

          His body was tense, almost frozen in place where he sat, but he remained completely oblivious to his surroundings. He didn't blink, didn't move an inch, he simply stayed there, waiting for something to happen, hoping someone would come to rescue him from this hellish situation.

          But there was no savour on the dark horizon of his life.

          After a while, he leaned against the floor with one palm and slowly lifted himself off the floor, taking lazy and heavy steps towards the nearby window. His bare feet made no sound on the carpet, as though he'd stepped into a different dimension where even the sound of his own footsteps never existed.

          He weakly pushed away the curtain and his eyes directed themselves to the sky, instantly coming across the shocking sight of the entire galaxy slowly approaching the earth. Its reds and blues were painted along the dark sky like a painting, the Milky Way spreading across the entire area as though it was some kind of giant spider web stretching across the universe. It looked breathtaking and beautiful, but mostly it was terrifying.