chapter 44

This chapter is edited and I had to change some things, so don't get confused when you read it.
_____________________________________

          His glossy eyes stared outside through the spotless window of the hall, his hand wiping the falling tears on his pale cheeks continuously as his mind was engulfed in fear and distressing assumptions. His heart was put in his body like a heavy rock as it kept making harsh beats against his chest, cruelly abusing it. The weak moonlight twinkled in his large, glassy eyes as his arms, wrapped around his own body, tried to warm him up. However, they may protect him from the cold which was lingering in the air, but they couldn't defend the boy from the freezing pain which was assaulting his body and making him shake in his skin.

          "Taehyun?", he suddenly heard Kai's voice from behind and briskly wiped his face, trying to take control of himself to not hurt his boyfriend with his tears.

          Kai arrived at him with a concerned face when he heard the boy sniffling softly. It became totally obvious that he was crying and Kai's heart clenched, "Tae?", he called him with a frowning face once more, gently touching his shoulders as he stood beside the boy to take a look at him. Kai heard the breaking sound of his own heart when he saw the boy's swollen face and puffy eyes, red, violent lines decorating his large baby orbs. 

          Taehyun looked down at once as he bit his lip, more tears welling up in his eyes.

          "Baby", Kai called in a scared tone at once, hastily placing his smaller boyfriend's face between his own palms, however, Taehyun refused to look at him, tears blurring his vision, "Who hurt my angel? Why is he crying?"

          Taehyun could notice pain and pure concern in the younger's tone, but how would he tell him that it was Soobin who had hurt him so badly? The boy hadn't been able to stop crying after his conversation with him. It felt like having his soul torn to pieces when doubts about their friend being a traitor started filling his mind.

          "Baby, look at me and say", Kai insisted, too hurt by tears which were glistening so splendidly, but also painfully in his boyfriend's doe, mesmerising eyes.

          Taehyun bowed his head in the younger's hold, tears falling on the floor from his long eyelashes as his hands were crossed against his chest in a defensive mode. He could barely hold back his sobs which were getting stuck in his throat and choking him, helpless whimpers were all that was coming out of his shut mouth, lips aggressively drawn together.

          "Okay", Kai said after he finally gave up, knowing Taehyun wouldn't say a thing if he didn't want to. His efforts would just be a waste of time, "Okay! I won't pressure you", he said softly, spreading his arms and taking the smaller boy into them gently. Taehyun snuggled up to his chest immediately, desperately trying to find comfort there, "Whatever is bothering you, will disappear from your beautiful heart soon, okay?", Kai consoled, propping his chin on top of the boy's head as he kept feeling how his shirt was getting wet from Taehyun's unstoppable tears. They were the only ones that could torture his soul, "God won't let an angel like you remain hurt. He will heal each of your pain, baby"

          Kai shut his eyes and smelled the bewitching perfume of the older's blonde, snow-white hair. He couldn't help, but touch his silky locks softly and card his fingers through them, feeling like melting away. He tightened his arms around his small frame while Taehyun sniffled and whimpered softly against his chest, feeling snug and secure in his love's caring arms. It was a blessing to have Kai by his side. Maybe Kai used to be selfish sometimes, but he was always selfless when it used to come to Taehyun. The latter was gold to him. The most expensive thing he could have in his life. He was the person from the most beautiful fairytale of his dreams. Taehyun was the only one who could always lighten up even the most boring days of his life. Kai never knew what he had done so kind that he deserved to have an angel like him in his arms. It was really overwhelming how his heart could only beat for Taehyun, how he always used to crave for him even when they were so close. Taehyun was so fragile and that was something Kai loved in him, but hated at the same time. He loved taking care of the boy, comforting him in his arms but hated the way how badly his tears always used to make his heart ache as if it was being torn apart. That was why Kai was always trying to keep his heart at peace. He was always trying to take care of the older's heart like it was the most interesting thing to do, like Taehyun's heart was made of gold.