XLIII. BLOOD TRAITOR

BLOOD TRAITOR!

FEBRUARY 1977

6th Year

• • • •

Holland sat next to Remus' hospital bed, tracing circles on the boy's hand.

"I've messed up big time," She muttered to the boy, starting to tear up slightly, "After yesterday, I don't think Lily will ever be able to forgive me. She's right. I should've said something yesterday. I should've said something a long time ago." The girl sighed.

The Slytherin sat there for a couple more minutes, looking down at the boy's hand, her eyes lighting up when he squeezed hers back.

"Who would've thought that Holland Lux skipped class for Remus Lupin." Remus muttered with a small smile, making Holland choke out a happy sob, leaning down and placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"Never do that to me again." The Irish girl told him, making Remus smile.

"You were worried about me." The Gryffindor said.

"Of course I was worried about you, you bloody idiot," Holland exclaimed, making her boyfriend chuckle, "I'm serious, though. Please don't scare me like that again."

Remus smiled softly, gently cupping his girlfriend's cheek with his hand, which Holland immediately leaned into.

"I'll try." He promised her.

"I love you, Romeo."

"I love you, too, Juliet."

***

Holland walked through the corridors, after her visit to Remus in the Hospital Wing. Turning the corner, the girl froze, seeing the exact same scene from the day before in front of her.

Mulciber, Avery, Rosier, Regulus and some other Slytherins in her year stood in front of Lily, trying to settle the score from the day prior.

And Holland knew. This was her chance to redeem herself.

"I've already told you to leave me alone." Lily told the people in front of her.

"Or what, Mudblood?" Rosier smirked, making Lily glare at him.

"Leave her alone. Rosier!" Holland yelled at the boy, walking over to the group, making them all stare at the girl as though she had three heads, and for Holland's best friend to send her a warning look.

"What?" Rosier asked with a chuckle, as if it was the funniest thing that he had heard all day.

Holland Lux was standing up for Lily Evans.

"I said leave her alone," Holland repeated, glaring at her friend's boyfriend, crossing her arms, "And stop calling her that. She isn't a 'Mudblood'. She's a Muggle-born. And my friend. As well as being a greater wizard than you'll ever be. Now, kindly take your entitled ass somewhere else before I make you." She told him through gritted teeth.

Rosier glared at Holland, stalking up to her, towering over the short girl.

"You're going to regret this, Lux."

Holland matched his glare, "No. I won't."

Rosier's expression faltered, sending the girl one last glare, before he and his possy left the corridor, leaving the two girls and Regulus behind.

The boy looked between Holland Lily, before grabbing his best friend's arm, looking at her with disbelief.

"Do you realise what you've just done?" The younger boy asked her, "You know you could possibly get disowned for that right? What you've jut done makes you a blood traitor."

Holland shook her head with a shrug, "I don't care anymore."

The youngest Black sibling looked desperately between Holland and Lily - who was standing awkwardly to the side of the pair.

"You know we think that Muggles are scum." He whispered.

"And you know that I don't think that, so why do still associate yourself with me?" Holland shot back.

Regulus looked at her softly, starting to tear up slightly, "Because you're my best friend."

"Then you should know how much it hurts to pretend to be someone who I'm not." Holland whispered, also tearing up, before walking over to Lily, taking her hand, and lightly tugging her out of the corridor.

"Holland," Lily muttered to the girl, who kept walking, "Holland." The redhead repeated, making the Irish girl stop and turn to look at her friend, fighting back the tears.

Lily looked at the girl, before bringing her into a hug, which Holland immediately reciprocated, starting to cry into the Gryffindor's shoulder.

"Thank you." Lily whispered, gently rubbing the Slytherin's back in comfort.

"You're one of my closest friends," Holland sobbed into Lily's shoulder, "I'm sorry I didn't stand up for you before."

"Holland," Lily shook her head, "What you just did. That took true courage. Thank you."

"I'd do it again." Holland sniffled, as the pair of friends stood in the corridor in an embrace to protect them for what was about to come.