starting five - jayson tatum

this is short maybe

"JAYSON CHRISTOPHER TATUM" i say loudly as i seen his child running around with a whisk i was using. jayson is currently at my house, maybe sobbing in his so called room, he and his baby mama broke up so that's why. (they didn't btw lol)

"JAYSON GET YOUR DAMN CHILD OR ELSE IM MAKING THIS MF A FRIED CHICKEN ISTG" i say loudly. don't get me wrong i love his kid, but sometimes he's a little too much. tatum jr's now crying for some reason, "you dumb bitch d'you think he didn't understand that" jayson says rushing to calm his child down. sorry lol. "my bad i thought he doesn't know words still" i say grabbing his son, and him turning away. okay then.

"come here" i say to him again and he reached his arms out. cute ass. "there we go" i say as i bounce him up and down.
"i wish you could be his mom" i hear jayson says, making me look up at him confused.
"what the hell are you talking about?" i say as tatum jr plays with my hair.
"i mean you look like you could be a great mom, and he loves you too" he says.

okay you see, i always had a thing with jayson. but when i knew he got someone, i stayed out of their lives because im not wrecking any homes. he was just crying to me last night about how much he loved his ex, so i don't know where he's coming from now. i let go of his son as he gave me back my whisk,

"you were just crying to me about her last night, what the fuck are you talking about?" i say with my brows furrowed. he sits on the counter as i continue to make my donuts.
"i don't know maybe i was all up in my feelings- and drunk. i liked you and i always have. i just ran out of time." he says as i kiss my teeth. "you are crazy" i say as i let out fake chuckles.

"yeah and i don't know what to do about it! my son doesn't have a mother anymore and-" "so you're saying you want me to be his temporary mom and wait til her real mom realizes she lost a good family and then leave him, just when i love him like a real son?" i say to him, as he furrowed his brows.

"what- no i'm not saying that" "you are! because where was all of this when i told you i loved you? you said we should stay as friends because you don't look at me the same way. this day was going so good until you brought up shit" i say walking back to the living room, "y/n you're doing too much" he says, chuckling.  the audacity. "shut the fuck up jayson, make up your fucking mind and maybe i wouldn't be feeling like this" i say as we sat across each other.

*literal silence*

"i'm not playing #2 on any man. ever" i say speaking up, and hearing  jayson kiss his teeth. "see nobody told you to be #2, i want you to be #1, you've been my starting five man" he says as tatum jr comes in, sweating. "boy the hell did you do run after bees? come here" jayson says as i look at the both of them in awe.

"you really mean that?" i say as he puts his son on his lap, "with all my heart y/n" he says as he whispers something to tatum jr. jayson puts down his son as his son walks over to me, (fuck this jr this jr that i cant use my pronouns properly) he walks up to me with his little arms reaching out,

"mama"

AWWWWWWWWW

--

i kinda want a child.