baby - dejounte murray

"oh too bad he has a girlfriend" my bestfriend, anika says as i scroll through dejounte murray's instagram. i didnt know he made it to the nba. we used to hang out back then, in fact we were best of friends. but he never told me about starting his basketball career.

"oh they broke up" i say to anika, as i exit out dejounte's ig. i look up at anika and she sits there looking at me while one eyebrow is raised.
"how'd you know?"
"y'all talk?" she adds as i lean back on the bed frame, and i shrug as a response.
"y/n you know i hate it when you dont answer me in dialogue did y-" "yes, we did." i say loudly, cutting her off. she always speaks too loud and too fast like bitch who the fuck are you? james charles?

"for?" she says, standing up. how is this suddenly a big deal?
"none of your businessss" i say, chuckling after. on cue, dejounte wanted to facetime,

i answered it after looking at anika, who was shaking her head.
"whats up" dejounte says, smiling through the phone. i swear his smile is so contagious.
"uh" i mumble while anika was making eye contact with me,
"wait anika there with you huh" he says,
"yes bitch im here wassup" anika says, popping her head making dejounte laugh.
"you still act the same" dejounte mumbles chuckling, making me chuckle as well.
"hey, we needa talk so if you can just" i say, shooing her away, and i hear dejounte chuckle deeply. anika finally left the room making me release a sigh of relief. i suddenly heard a child's voice from my phone, making me tilt my head.
"you have a child?" i say, definitely surprise. he responds with a chuckle,
"baby c'mere" he says and a child pops out on the screen. she's so beautiful.
"hii" the girl says, making me melt. i responded with a "hi" (of course 🙄) as i waved to the camera, making her giggle.
"you wanna meet her baby?"  i hear dejounte mumble to his child. honestly, i never thought i would see dejounte holding, even having a child, but him holding his daughter was definitely a view.

"y/n you cool to meet up?" he says, and i nod.
"yeah of course" i say to him smiling, while his daughter was still looking at me.
"okay good, i missed seeing you anyways" he says winking, making me shake my head. he havent changed then.

"so now youre gonna meet up" anika comes barging into my room, making me jump.
"were you there the whole time?" i ask furiously. i have different nerves in my body, and i swear this girl gets into all of them.
"are you sure you wanna meet up with his lying ass" she says making me furrow my brows,
"im still here anika" dejounte says from my phone, as anika rolls her eyes.
"hey i'll see you later anika is really really really annoying me right now" i say to dejounte and he chuckles.
"aight, i'll see you ma" he says making my eyes wide, as i turn off my phone.
"when are you gonna learn" anika says dragging the last word. btw, she's referring to that one time dejounte told me he was single, so i shoot my shot. turns out he wasnt, so i ended up being the side chick.
"anika that was 4 years ago"
" i dont care!, he already hurt you once, how are you gonna make sure he's not gonna do it again this time" she says, as she sits up straight. i was speechless as i looked at her, and my phone dings.

dejounte murray
we here at santa monica, we waiting for you x

"go get dressed" anika says kissingher teeth, while i slowly make my way to my closet. i decided to just wear a bodysuit with the denim jacket and a pair of low af1s.

we say our goodbyes, and im not even gonna tell you how much she lectured me today.

i arrived at santa monica and texted dejounte. the place wasnt full, bht because there were just a few people, and the place is big, its never gonna be easy to look for someone here.

dejounte was typing when a child came running to me, i bent down as i hold her.
"heyy are you lost?" i ask her as she smiles at me,
"nah, she's with his father" i hear somebody say making me look up, to see dejounte. damn, he is fine. like real fine.
i stand up to give him a hug, and felt butterflies when he wrap his arms around my waist.

"you look really good" he mumbles as i smile. he picks his daughter up and he licks his bottom lip,
"turn around real quick" he says and i do exactly that,
"damn" please stop. this boy is gonna make me act up in no time.

"you want something to eat?" he says, and i nod as a response.
"sure" i say to him, while we walk to the nearest place to eat.

-
"so what happened?" i ask dejounte as i eat my fries. we have been doing a lot of carching uo in the last few minutes, and to be honest. i wouldnt trade this for anything.
"it was obvious that she was gold digging" he says simply, as i tilt my head. i'd rather not get into detail so i just shrug.
"how bout you y/n? you got a man?" he says, as he was feeding his daughter, Riley. 
"i've tried dating, but no. relationships arent really gonna work from me" i say, chuckling after.
"them guys missed out so much" he says shaking his head. i look up to him confused,
"wdym?"
"im just saying youre beautiful, youre smart, i mean you look normal. formal and goofy at the same time, man you have everything" he says, making me laugh.
"you are lying"
"im not. i would be lying if i say i didnt like you from the very beginning" okay what.
"can we save this, you know, for later?" i say, circling my hands and nodding my head. this man is crazy.
"nah lets talk about this right here and right now" he says leaning back.
"y/n?" he says, making me look up at him.
"do you like me?" he says, making me cover my mouth.
"seriously?" i say,  and he nodded. WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSE TO SAY.

"well-" "cmon y/n just spit it out get straight to the point" he says cutting me off,
"yes" i saq quickly, and shutting my eyes while i rub my forehead. i hear dejounte kiss his teeth making me look up, only for him to pull my face to him, connecting our lips. i was completely taken back by what he did. i kissrd back a few seconds later, then he pulls away.

riley was stretching her hands out to me,so i decided to put her on my lap. i was somehow making a conversation with her, when i heard a snap.
"wow" i hear dejounte mumble,
"what" i say, trying to get his phone from him. i gave up, causing him to turn his phone to me, showing a pic of me and her daughter.
"whats that".

"i mean you could be my baby"

-
hey ladies i know insaid emoni bates but i could think of any scenario with him rn, anywayss im sleepy as fuck my eyes are so droopy thats all love u bitch goodnight mwah