winners - amari bailey

"we're going against paolo banchero tomorrow" amari says, as we eat breakfast. "yeah?" "yeah but i'm not pretty sure if he'll actually play because he'll be attending one game before ours" he says and i nod. "i see, well one thing's sure is i will be there" i say to him, and he smiles. "man i hate it when you say shit like that" he says and i chuckle, "what?" "got me blushing and shit" he says and i chuckle even more. mornings with amari will always be my favourite.

american heritage school
"i'll be here" i say, and amari nods giving me a peck on the lips. i sit down next to amari's mom, johanna and talk for a while, while amari and the team were warming up. johanna left for a while to talk to alfonso, and i feel somebody walking up to me. it's just chance westry. i don't know if he knows me though.

"wassup" he says, as he sits further next to me, "hey" i say with a small smile. "i'm chance" "i'm y/n" i say, shaking his hands. "you came with somebody?" he asks and i nod, "yeah amari" i say to him with a small smile as he looks at me confuse. "wait you,, amari,," he says putting both of his index finger together and i nod. "oh i didn't know" i say as he leans back. "well, it was nice meeting you y/n, and uh enjoy the game" he says and i nod as he goes sprinting to the court. amari then walks to me while johanna sits next to me.

"he tried huh" amari says, sitting next to me. "tried what?" "shooting his shot" he says and i chuckle, nodding. "well that's the shot he will always miss, no matter how  many times he'll try" he says with a smirk on his face while i shake my head. "yeah cause you mine shorty" he says nudging me, kissing his teeth. "and no one could ever get you from me" he adds, making me smile. "boy you're so corny" johanna says, making me chuckle. "ma, you're such a hater"

"i'll be with y'all" he says when the buzzer went off,  leaving me and johanna. he went and kisses johanna and doing the same to me as they walk back to their locker room. "does he always do that?" johanna asks, "like say cheesy shit?" she says making me laugh. "yeah like every morning, and everytime we go on dates." i say and she nods. "shit is corny but cute"

fast forward to the end of the game cause im sleepy lol
"you showed out" i say teasingly, and amari shrugged. paolo only played on the fourth quarter, and california got the dub. i see chance walking behind him, "that boy chance is good" i tell amari and he looks at me with a blank face. "don't do that" he says as he dries his face with a towel, "what im just saying" i say to him, and he leans in closing the distance between us. "hey none of that" i hear shy say as we both pull away. "what's up" i say, dapping him up. "well, we took the dub. that's what's up" he says, and i chuckle.

"i hate it when you get all these guys' attention like" he say as i look at him confuse. "boy what?" i say between chuckles. "im right here, i'm literally the only one you need" (y'all noticed how many times amari say "like" in every sentence) he says making me chuckle. "yeah exactly, why are you acting like they're going to take me away from you" i say, as i drink my water. "because they might" he says as i look at him. is this guy okay? "are you serious? i'm literally dating a fine ass 5 star basketball player, with a 4.0 gpa (idk lol), and a momma's boy and you really think that?" "okay damn you didn't have to praise me like that" he says, and i chuckle.

we drive home, as we scream to "No One", "My Boo", "Baby", "Weak" and "Cater 2 U" on the way there. this is probably the best part after a game, screaming to old school songs. it couldn't get any more better than this. looking at him, i think we both won. ,

--
i'm lowkey running out of ideas so bare with me lol hehshehshrie thank you i love y'all mwah goodnight