Chapter 1 part 1

Twirling the pen around my fingers, I glanced at the clock. 10 seconds...6 seconds...4 seconds...2 seconds.

BRRIINNNG

I smiled and ran out of the class before the bell finished. Nearing the front door, I heard footsteps and my name being called out.

"I've never seen someone so eager to leave school," Daniel laughed. Daniel is my best friend and also the Alpha of our pack. For a pack leader, he is really down to earth, if you know what I mean.

"What do you expect on your first day back at school after the stupid holidays decided to finish?" I said dramatically, which made him laugh and put his hand around my shoulder and pull me closer to him. 

"Drama queen," he muttered thinking I didn't hear.

"I heard that! In case you forgot were werewolves which means super hearing,"  He rolled his eyes and we walked to our black SUV in the parking lot and drove off.  Everyone else has their own car, and by everyone else, I mean the pack. 

By the time we got home I was half asleep. Stupid, useless school! Why do you have to make me so tired? I groaned and got out of the car and literally dragged myself inside the house. Daniel laughed at my failed attempts to crawl up the stairs. I glared at him which made him laugh more.  

"Come on!" he said. I looked at him confused, until he picked me up and threw me on his shouler. I was too tired to complain. I normally would have hit him in the back, but I was too tired and didn't bother. He carried me up the stairs and to my room. Gently, he laid me down on my soft, comfy bed, kissing my forehead and left closing the door behind him.

I smelt a burning smell, shot up out of bed and ran down the stairs, forgetting my shoes. As I came closer to the kitchen I could see black smoke.

"What in th--" I said as I walked in the kitchen, waving a hand infront of my mouth, trying to not get much smoke in my mouth. I noticed Jordan, Nick and Max with pots and pans in there hands and Max in a pink fluffy apron. I wanted to ask why he was wearing that, but didnt. Instead, I asked, "what are you doing?" I noticed Daniel sitting at the table watching them in amusment. He is such a child; I can't believe he is alpha- actually I can. He might act like a child, but when something serious happens, he goes into full alpha mode. Which can sometimes be scary. 

"Cooking," they said simply, which got me irratated.

"Sorry they woke you, Kat," Daniel said. 

"Why are they even cooking? You remember last time?" I winced at the memory.

Jordan, Max and Nick were cooking us a meal for our birthday, and since it was there first time, it was really bad. That's actually an understatement- it was a disastar! I found dirt and garbage scraps in my soup and hair in my drink. I didnt really want to think about where the hair came from.

I saw Daniel wince at the memory also. Which made me laugh.

"Leave the cooking to someone who can, cause I don't want to die at a young age, please," I smiled at them.

"Aww, we're not that bad," Max smirked at me.

Daniel looked at me for about a second before we both cracked up laughing. I was holding my stomach and the side of the table to keep me up right. Daniel, on the other hand, was on the floor laughing so much that he was crying. 

"That's the funniest thing I've heard all day"

"But you've just woke up" 

"Fine- that's the funnist thing I've heard all week," I smirked and walked upstairs to take a shower.

"HURRY UP, KAT, OR WE'RE GUNNA BE LATE! EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY LEFT!" Daniel yelled at me from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming, I'm coming and I wasn't that long," I said as I ran down the stairs.

"Sure you wern't, Kat, sure you weren't," Daniel smirked which made me playfully hit him in the hand. Daniel stopped walking and looked at me weirdly, which made me stop and give him a questoning look.

"Dan, you ok?" I asked him, he snapped out of his trance and smiled at me, but I knew it was a forced smile.

"Yeah, I'm ok. Come on," he said and walked out the door.

Daniel was acting weird the whole day. He was looking at me weirdly and always stuttering and he wasn't doing his work -which was a big thing considering he always did his work- and people were able to sneak up on him without him knowing, which was a first and shocked everyone. At first we thought he was sick, but now, we aren't so sure.