Chapter 22

Kat's P.O.V

After we cleaned up, I felt like seeing Dan, so I walked up to his room, but he was already asleep. So I decided to sleep with him tonight. 

Walking over to his bed, I crawled onto it and curled in under the blanket next to him. I stared at his face and  without even thinking about what I was doing I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his. His lips were warm and moist and I started feeling hot. I pulled away quikly before I did something that I was going to regret later.

Just by being near him, I felt safe and it was easier to fall to sleep. Within a few seconds, I had already drifted off to sleep.

My eyes fluttered open and a yawn escaped me. I smiled before sitting up.

I looked to my right and saw a sleeping Dan. I decided not to wake him, so I slowly got out of bed and went downstairs.

I was surprised when I realised that nobody was awake yet, but when I looked at the clock on the microwave I realised why nobody was up. It was only 4:32.

I sighed and sat down at the table. I grabbed a pear and took a bite out of it while walking into the loungeroom. 

Sitting down on the lounge, I turned on the TV and went through each channel until I found one I liked.

"You're up early?" a voice said from behind me. I jumped up and spung around coming face to face with Jordan.

"Geez, you scared me," I said.

"Baby," he teased as he put his hand on the top of the lounge and jumping up and over the top and sitting on the couch. He lifted his feet up and put them on the coffee table. I chuckled slightly before sitting down next to him. 

Jordan wrapped his hand around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. I smiled. 

"Jordan?" I said.

"Hmm." 

"You know how I promised to tell you as soon as I found out?" 

"Yeah."

"Well, I found out who it was," I said. Jordan stayed quiet, meaning for me to continue. "It's Dan."

"Alpha Dan?"

"Yeah."

"I knew it," he muttered.

"What?"

He looked at me and smiled. "Everyone had a feeling you guys were going to be mates."

"Everyone knew?"

"They didn't know, they just had a feeling," he said. "And we were right."

I smiled. "When did you find out?"

"Tuesday, after the movies."

"And you waited to tell me on Friday?" He faked pouting. I slapped his shoulder.

"Well, you're the first one of the pack to find out."

"When are you going to tell everyone else?"

"Not sure. I'll talk to Dan about that," I said "Just don't tell anyone else please."

"I promise I won't." He paused. "How are you taking having a mate?" he asked.

"Alright, I guess," I whispered. "Still a bit scared about the process."