Chapter 16

Kat's P.O.V

I didn't get any sleep last night. I would have been lucky to have had my eyes shut for few hours. I had only just closed my eyes when my alarm went off, but it was still hard to open my eyes, once I had closed them.

Pushing the sheets off me, I slid off my bed and dragged my feet towards my door, but I stopped when I passed the mirror. I nearly gasped at how bad I looked. 

My eyes were red and puffy, I had big bags under my eyes and I looked a little pale. I guess that is what everyone looks like after they cry for a while.

Looking away from the mirror, I made my way downstairs. Everyone else was already up-- I could tell by the amount of noise they were making.

I walked into the kitchen and took a seat next to Kate and Nick.  

"WhoaI You do look like shit!" Kate said.

"Thanks," I said sarcasticlly, grabbing an apple and taking a bite of it.

"How are you feeling?" Tiffany asked. "Jordan said you're not feeling well." 

"I'm alright."

"You look terrible!" Max blurted out which caused Tiffany to hit him in the back of his head. Not enough to hurt, though, just enough to shut him up.

"So I've been told."

"Maybe you should stay home...?" he said.

"Nah, I'm good," I shrugged. I didn't want to stay home because I would have nothing to do- so I would probably think about it more- , but at school I would be busy so it would take my mind off of it.

"You sure?" Tiffany said.

"Sure," I smiled slightly.

"Okay, well if you're sure then I would like to say something." Tiffany smiled and stood up.

"You're not pregnant are you?" Jordan teased.

"No." She gave him a 'what the hell' look. "Wait! Are you calling me fat?" She glared at him.

"Wait! What? No!" Jordan put his hands up to say 'I'm innocent'. 

"That's what I thought." She glared at him for a second more before turning to everyone else. She instintly smiled as she looked at Max.

"I don't know how to say it..." Tiffany said. 

"You open your mouth and words come out," Jordan said plainly. "Magical!"

"Thank you, Captain Obvious!" Tiffany said in a bored tone. 

"I'm glad I could help the specially challenged," Jordan smirked at her.

I swear if looks could kill Jordan would be six feet under.

"Are you going to tell us or not?" Jordan asked.

"I would if you would just shut up!" she snapped.

"Geez, calm down." Jordan leaned back in his chair. "Someone must be at there time of month." Everyone laughed, but quickly stopped when Tiffany gave them a glare.

"Shut up so I can tell you my news," Tiffany said, but it was obvious it was directed at Jordan since she said it while she was looking directly at him. Everyone stopped talking and, to Tiffany's surprise, so did Jordan.