Chapter 19

Kat's P.O.V

I set my alarm for around 5 in the morning, so that way I would know everybody would still be asleep and I wouldn't get caught by sneaking out to drop off the gift at Dan's parents house.

I turned off my alarm and quickly got in the shower before getting dressed. 

I made my way out of my room as quietly as I could. I was practically tip-toeing my way around the house.

Making my way to Tiffany's room, since that is were all the presents were. I pushed open her door and was surprised when I saw she was already awake.

Why are you awake? I asked through the mind, blocking everyone else out, so we wouldn't wake them.

I hid the gifts, so I needed to show you were they were. She said it like it was the most obvious thing.

That makes sense.

She motioned for me to follow her, so I did. She opened her wardrobe and pushed her clothes out of the way before handing me a bag of gifts.

That's what you call hiding? Putting it in your wardrobe?

Who would even look inside it? Everyone knows I would kill them.

True. I slowly made my way towards her door, making sure to try and make as little noise as I could with the plastic bag.

Oh, before I forget, I'm going to tell everyone you went for a run, so you will meet us at school.

Ok, thanks. 

Good. Now get out of here. I'm going back to bed. She lay back down on her bed.

I opened her bedroom door and tip-toed out of her room and quietly closed the door behind me. The plastic bag made a rustling sound and I prayed that it wasn't too loud to wake everyone else up. Slowly, I walked down the hallway. The light from the moon that came in from the window was just enough to light where I was going. I turned the corner and walked down the steps. I was in the hallway when a step made a creaking noise. I froze. After a few seconds, when i heard no noise from upstairs, I made my way down the rest of the stairs and quickly out the door.

I walked towards the forest and hid behind a tree. Placing the bag on the floor, I quickly removed my clothes and shifted before grabbing my clothes and the bag in my mouth and I took off running towards Dan's parents house.

I stopped running when I came to the edge of the forest outside their house. I placed the items on the floor before shifting and putting my clothes back on than grabbing the plastic bag. 

Walking towards Dan's parents house, I suddenly felt nervous. I mean, it's my mate's parents house. The mate I had just slapped and yelled at. Would they treat me the same, knowing I had just yelled at him? Would they even know that I know we were mates? All these questions swam in my head and I was too busy thinking of them to have noticed that I was now standing at the front door and had already knocked.

The door swung open, breaking off my thoughts. I smiled nervously when I saw Dan's mum giving me a warm smile. "Morning," she said. "You must be cold. Come on in," she said, moving to the side to let me in.

"Actually, I'm just here to drop these off. I've got to get ready for school"

"Nonsense, its not still early, you have plenty of time. Come in and i'll make you some breakfast" I hestitated "Thanks that would be nice" I smiled and walked into the house.  "So were you guys awake, or did i wake up?" I said once i was in the lounge room. "Just woke up" She said "Oh im sorry, maybe i should go." I said going back to the front door "I'm sorry i woke you" "Dont you dare go out that door" She said teasingly. "But i woke you up" I siad looking guilty "Yes, but since im up now, it would be pointless to go back to sleep when i could have breakfast" "I guess" "Now honey, take a seat and tell me what you would like for breakfast"  "Bacon and eggs please" I smiled "Of course" She smiled and picked up the frypan before placing it on the stove.  She walked over to the fridge and grabbed the ingredients.  The whole time she was cooking, she had a huge smile on her face. For some reason i felt guilty. I mean she is begining so nice to me, yet i had just yelled at her son. A frown appeared on my face but when i saw Dan's mum's smile i smiled as well.