Chapter 10

Kat's P.O.V

The whole time in the car, I was groaning in pain. Dan was being mean to me and put the music on really loud which made me give him an evil stare. He just laughed at me, but eventually put the music down. I glared at him for while before I got bored and stared outside the window.

"Come on, Kat. Let's get you to bed," Dan said as he pulled up in the drive way. He got out and then helped me get out of the car. We slowly walked upstaris and into his bedroom.

"I know I'm hungover, but I'm not stupid. Why are we going to your room?" I asked as he gently pushed me on his bed so I was laying down.

"I never thought you were stupid." He smirked, walking to the door, closing it and walking back to me."Your in here, so I can look after you," he smiled.

"What about school?" 

"School isn't as important as you," he whispered.

"Don't go soft on me, Dan, or I'll call you a pansy."

He laughed. "Pansy? Really?"

"Don't try me, boy." I stuck my tounge out and he caught it.

"What did I say about sticking your tounge out?" He smirked at me. I sighed. I wasn't in the mood to argue. Dan had a smug look on his face and let go of my tougne. 

"So, are you going to be the doctor?" I asked him, slowly difting of to sleep.

"Yep." He smiled. "Go to sleep, Kat." I could only nod-- I didn't have energy to talk. I closed my eyes and then few second later, I heard footsteps, the tap running, and something cold on my forehead. 

"Get some rest." I felt hiim breathing on my face, before something touched my cheek. I would of opened my eyes if I wasn't already half asleep. The sound of footsteps fading was the last thing I heard before sleep took over.

I reluctantly opened my eyes. My eye lids felt heavy and all I wanted to do was to go back to sleep. I glanced at the clock as I sat up. I noticed it was already 9:46. I sighed and slid off the bed. I felt light weighted so as soon as I stood up, I nearly fell down. The curtain was closed so it was hard to see, but the lights were shining from under it so it gave me enough light to see where I was going also enough to show that I wasn't in my room; I was in Dans'. I dragged my feet to the bathroom to wash my face before walking out of the room to go downstairs.

Dan was sitting at the table with an apple in his hand and the newspaper on the table. Beside the paper was a cup of coffee.

"Morning, sleeping beauty!" He smiled at me. 

"What day is it?"

"Tuesday," he shrugged.

"Shouldn't we be at school?"

"You needed to rest." He took at bite from the apple.

"Where's everyone else?"

"At school. They were fine to go-- they didn't drink as much as you," he smirked.

"I'm never drinking again!" I groaned and walked over to Dan. I sat on his lap and he laughed at me as I burried my face into his chest. He smelt like aftershave, which smelt really nice.

"Dan?"

"Yeah?"  he asked as he played with some of my hair.

"I'm tired, carry me to bed?"

"Nope." I could tell he was smirking.

"Why?" I wined.

"You've got legs, use them." 

"But I'm tired." 

"Too bad." 

I stayed quiet, listening to his heart beat through his chest, it was a calming rythm.

"Hey Dan?"

"Mhmm..." Was his reply.

"Why was I in your bed?"

"I like watching you sleep." 

"Your a creepy perv, you know?" He chukled "Seriously, why?"

"Because I was looking after you." I gave him a little squeeze and he squeezed back.

"Thank you," I said, but the sound was muffled since my face was burried in his chest.

"Any time, Kat." He kissed the top of my head and than strocked my hair as I closed my eyes.

"Hold on tight," he said after a while of silence.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"I'm carrying you to bed." I was too tired to open my eyes, so I kept them close. I felt Dan put his hand under my legs and one behind my back then he stood up. I listened to his footsteps as he walked, then a door opened and closed before I was put on something comfy, which was most likely a bed. Something stroked the side of my face, before pushing the hairs out of my eyes. I knew it was Dan. I felt the electic shocks as he touched me again; it felt so nice and warm. His hand lingered on my face longer than neeeded. The electic shocks got stronger and stronger, the longer he touched me. Eventually he pulled his hand away, and instintaly the electic shocks disapeared. I felt cold.

"Goodnight, Kat." He kissed my forehead.

"Am I in your room or mine?" I opened my eyes slowly.

"Mine," he said. I could barely see his face since his room was dark.

"Thank you." I smiled slightly. I was really tired, even though I just woke up not even an hour ago.

"No problem, Kat." He paused. "Goodnight."

"Night," I said. He walked to the door. "Stay with me?" He froze and then slowly turned to me. "Please?"

"Sure." He smiled and walked back over to me, laying down. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close. I felt safe and warm in his arms, I never wanted him to let go.

"Thank you." I smiled closing my eyes.

"You keep saying that," he said. "Is that your favourite word?"

"No, I'm just saying it to be polite." 

"But you're never polite, are you sure your okay?"

"I'm fine. Goodnight."

"Night, Kat." He kissed my forhead, then pulled me even closer, so my head was on his pillow, our faces just a few inches apart. I felt his breath on my face, it smelt of mint. As I smelt it again, sleep started taking over.

"I love you, Kat," was the last thing I heard before darkness took over and I fell into a dream.