Chapter 5

Kat's P.O.V

He's my best friend, I shouldn't be thinking of him in that way. I should be having best friend thoughts; not those thoughts. I kept saying that inside my mind over and over again, hoping that, soon, I will listen to them. When that didn't work, I banged my head against my locker, hoping the thoughts would go away, but they didn't.

"Are you trying to give yourself a concusion?" a voice said. I turned to see Dan smiling down at me. I couldn't help but stare at his abbs that you were visible through his shirt. I mentally slapped myself for staring. Turning to my locker, opening it and pulling out a book, he continued to say, "because, if you ask me, I don't think you can afford to loose any more brain cells." He laughed. I couldn't think of anything good to say back, so I did the only thing I could think of, I stuck my tounge out at him... which he caught with his fingers.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you it's not nice to stick your tounge out at people?" he said amused, as I tried talking back. It sounded more like 'thet lowl' instead of 'let go'. He laughed at my failed attempts of getting him to let go. Eventually, he let go and I quickly poked my tounge out again and tan ran away before he could grab my tounge again. We laughed as he chased me through the whole school. I made it to the oval and spotted everyone sitting on the grass. I ran up to them and hid behind Max and Jordan. They laughed as they saw Dan running towards them.

"What did you do?" Jordan asked.

"Stuck my tounge out at him."

He gasped in mock shock, "you stuck your tounge out at the almightly Alpha? How could you?"

"He deserved it after saying I couldn't afford to lose anymore brain cells." Everyone laughed.

"Well, he speaks the truth," Jordan said. I hit him across the back of the head, he winced in pain and rubbed it.

"Your a violent one," he commented, still rubbing the back of his head. 

I smiled at the complement he gave me, though it was intended to be an insult, i still took it as a compliment.

Dan sat down behind me, i leaned back and used him as a wall. He grabbed me and put me between his legs, but i was facing forward, so i could still lean on him, he wrapped one hand around my stomach and his other hand was beside him, he was using it to lean on, since i was leaning on him. I felt the electic shocks i tried to ignore it, but the longer i sat leaning on Dan the stronger it got. I suddenly felt the urge to kiss him, i mentally slapped myslef for the second time today.

"Why did you just slap yourself?" Jordan asked, quite amused. I guess I didn't slap myself mentally, like I thought I had. When I didn't answer him, he laughed and shook his head. "What a weirdo?" he murmmered, but I heard him so I slapped him across the back of the head again. "What's it with you and slapping me?" he asked as he bit into his sandwich he got from his bag.  I shrugged and took his sandwich and had a bite and gave it back to him with an innocent look. He laughed again and continued to eat his sandwich. I put my head against Dan's chest and closed my eyes. I felt so safe and warm. I also felt those electic shocks, but I ignored them as best I could. It was kind of hard concidering that they were getting stronger.

The bell went and everyone got up and started walking to class. I had History with Dan, Jordan, Nick and Max. Why couldnt I have Tiffany in any classes? Why did I have to have all the guys in my class? I sighed and sat down in my seat, which was in the last row, second seat from the window. Dan took the window seat. Nick was in front of him and Jordan and Max were to my right.