Chapter 15

Kat's P.O.V

There are two things that I was sure of at this very moment.

1. Tiffany and Max are mates.

2. I think I have just found mine.

My breathing came out in gasp. Tiffany was shaking my shoulder trying to get my attention. She was saying something, but I couldn't really hear.

"Kat?" Tiffany said. "Kat? You're scaring me, are you ok?"

"Huh?" I said. "Yeah, I'm fine, just going to lay down. I'm not feeling well," I said without waiting for her reply. I walked upstairs and into my room. I probably looked like a walking zombie, but I didn't care.

Laying down on my bed, my breathing slowly came back to normal. To get my mind off of mates, I listened in on the conversation downstairs.

"Where's Kat?" Jordan asked.

"Upstairs. She's not feeling well," Tiffany said. The concern was clear in her voice.

"But who will make dinner?" he asked. "It's her turn to cook."

"Jordan, she isn't well. You should've seen her. She didn't seem herself."

"Is she ok?"

"That has to be the stupidest question ever!" TIffany said "If she was ok, she would be down here making dinner."

"Maybe I should go check up on her," he said.

"What if she's contagious?" Max said.

"Then Tiffany would probably be getting sick and she looks fine," Jordan said.

"Yes she is!" Max said. Tiffany giggled. I heard them start kissing.

"Oh god! I wasn't this bad when I first got my mate, was it?" Jordan groaned.

I stopped listening when I heard the mention of mates. I groaned and rolled over so my face was burried in my pillow. I heard a knock on my door.

"Kat? Can I come in?"Jordan asked.

I didn't feel like talking to anyone at the moment. I had too much on my mind.

"Kat?" he said again. I then realised I hadn't answer him.

"Hmm?" I replied back. My voice was quiet, but I knew he had heard me.

"Can I come in?" His voice was soft and gentle. I guess he knew I wasn't sick, but something was wrong.

I nodded, but then realised that he couldn't see me because he was behind the closed door. "Yeah" My voice was still shaky.

Slowly, the door opened and Jordan stepped inside my room, closing the door quietly behind him. I could barely hear his his footsteps as he walked over to me. If i was human, I wouldn't have heard him at all.

I felt my bed dip slightly as Jordan sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I brang you some cookies." He held out a bag of them. I didn't even realise he was holding them. "I knew you probably didn't want to eat the food if Max and I cooked it, so I took some when nobody was looking." He smiled sheepishly. He placed the bag on the bedside table then went silent.