Chapter 3

Kat's P.O.V

I love weekends, I always have and I always will. One; there is no school. Two; I can sleep in. I smiled to myself and got out of bed. I had been laying there for half an hour and was getting bored so I decided to get up. 

"You're up early," Max said suprised as I entered the kitchen.

"Early? It's two in the afternoon, how is that early?" I asked confused and sat down at the table.

"It's early for you," he pointed out. "Normally, your up at night and sleep all day." He laughed, "I used to think you were nocturnal...I still do." 

"Maybe I'm turning into a vampire," I joked.

"Maybe," he said thoughtfully.

"Idiot," Daniel whispered and chuckled at the same time. 

"Heard that!" Max said.

"That's because you were supposed to," he smirked.

"Guys, calm down- it's too early for you married couple to fight." 

"So, you admit it's early?" Max said, thinking he had won. Not caring, for one second, that I said that him and Daniel were married. 

Daniel, one the other hand, looked at me with some weird expression; like he knew something I didn't, which made me wonder what it was, but I didn't ask.

"So, what are we doing today, guys?" I said, trying to make conversation.

"Tiffany and Kate are going shopping- those girly girls," he muttered the last part, but Tiffany and Kate heard him so they hit him on the back of the head pretty hard. I couldn't help but laugh at his pain.

"And everyone else is either staying here or going to the beach," he finished his sentence after he got Tiffany and Kate to stop hitting him. Tiffany and Kate hate being called girly girls.

"Well, I hate shopping, so beach it is," I smiled.

Max laughed. "You're about the only girl I know who hates shopping."

"Yeah, but she's not a girl," Jordan laughed.

Daniel hit Jordan on the back of the head and Jordan winced in pain. 

"Ha!"  I stuck my tounge out at him.

"How old are you...5?"

 I was about to answer when Daniel cut in.

"Okay guys, I think it's time to get going before you end up wrestling on the floor."

"But that's the fun part," I mumbled. Jordan nodded in agreement.

"Come on," Daniel said with a chuckle. We all got up. All the other girls went to the shops, while the boys and I went to the beach.

 "Hey, Dan?" I asked as we sat down on our towels, which were on the hot sand.

"Mm?" He said.

"Can you put sunscreen on my back, please?" I asked in a hopeful voice. He hesitated before nodding.

"Sure thing, Kat." he grabbed the cream and squirted some on his hand, rubbing it in and then massaging it into my back. As soon as his hand touched my back, I felt tingles and sparks from where we were touching. He froze instintly and so did I. 

"Dan, what are you doing?" I asked. He snapped out of it and began rubbing in it again, like nothing had happened.

"Rubbing the sunscreen in," he said simply, trying to change the subject.