Chapter 18

Dan's P.O.V

I pulled back out of the kiss and grinned at her. I was kind of shocked that she kissed me back, but I wasn't complaining. She doesn't know how long I've wanted to kiss her for. 

Kat stood frozen staring at me with wide eyes. After a while, she seemed to recover from shock and glared at me, I gave her a questioning look. That's when I felt a sharp pain on my left cheek. My mouth fell open in shock and my hand reached up to where the pain was. All I could think was Kat just slapped me. 

"Did you ju--"

"Don't you ever kiss me without my permission again," she said threateningly.

"I guess I deserved that," I said.

"You c--" She stopped talking when the door slowly started to open. Before I knew what was happening, I was pushed to the side slightly as Kat ran past me and up the stairs in full werewolve speed. I heard a door slam and I figured Kat was already in her room. I was about to run after her, but stopped when I realised the front door was now fully open with two people standing there smiling.

"Hey, Dan," Max sang. "You're still up?"

"It's not that late," I said.

"Its nearly nine-fourty," Tiffany said.

"That's still pretty early," I said. "But school's tomorrow, so I'm going to bed anyway... I'm pretty tired."

"Has anyone else come home?" Max asked, closing the door behind him as he and Tiffany walked in.

"Not yet, Jordan is still out with Kelly and everyone else is watching another movie." 

"I feel like watching another movie," Max said more to himself.

"Wanna watch another one?" Tiffany asked. "I'll make popcorn, you pick a movie." 

"Sure." He kissed her "Dan, wanna join us?"

I hesitated. I did feel like watching another movie to take my mind off what had just happened, but the look on Tiffany and Max's face showed me that they wanted alone time, but didn't want to be rude. I sighed.

"Nah, I'm tired. I'll see you in the morning," I said and started walking up the stairs.

"Night, Dan," Tiffany said. I was already halfway up the stairs, but I could hear her perfectly. I turned the corner and walked towards my room, but I stopped in front of Kat's bedroom. I couldn't hear much, beside her silent cries. They were so soft, I barly heard them, but super hearing does come in handy. Sometimes.

Kat's P.O.V

Dan had just stolen my first kiss. I'm sixteen and that was my first kiss. Pretty pathetic, I guess. But I've never really wanted to have a boyfriend... not that I could anyway, because everytime a guy asked me- or any other girl from the pack- out, the guys of our pack would scare them away. 

Not that I minded that much. I would have said no to them anyway.

I sighed before silently crying. I knew that I shouldn't cry, but I always thought my first kiss would be a bit more special. I tried to stop myself from crying. It took a while, but not much. I wiped my tears away and laid down on my bed before dozing off to sleep. But all I could think about was the kiss and how it was true; Dan was actually my mate.