Chapter 21

Kat's P.O.V

Just as he took one step inside the house, I saw everyone get ready to jump. I watched as he stepped insde the house. His shadow got bigger and the light from the doorway got smaller as he slowly closed the door behind him. The last bit of light dissapeared when the door clicked closed. Just as it was fully closed, Tiffany switched on the lights and everyone jumped and screamed 'SURPRISE!'

To say Dan's facial was funny, would be an understatement. At first, Dan must have thought he was under attack cause he went into a defence mode, then his face went into a confused, then shocked look before he started laughing. 

It wasn't really what I was expecting but I guess it's still a good thing.

"I think he's lost it," Max muttered. Tiffany hit him across the back of the head.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Tiffany screamed. Running up to Dan to give him a hug. "You thought we forgot didn't you."

"Kinda..." he said, giving her a hug.

"Well, we nearly did, but Kat reminded us," she said. "The whole idea was hers' and mine."

Dan looked over to me and smiled. I smiled back and walked over to him.

"Happy birthday, Daniel," I smirked and hugged him. He gave me a tight hug and lifted me off the floor for a few seconds before placing me on the floor.

Even though, just the other day, I had slapped him, because the parents and the pack were here we had to act like nothing was wrong.

"Yeah, happy birthday, man," Max said.

"Dude, you're getting old," Jordan said. "Soon you will have grey hair and a walking stick."

"Like you," Max laughed.

"Are you calling me old?" Jordan raised an eye brow.

"No," Max said. "I'm calling you ancient," He smirked. Jordan growled at him before hitting him across the back of the head.

"You guys act like an old, married couple," I said.

"We're not old," Max said.

"You didn't deny being married," Tiffany smirked.

"Babe, we're mates, your supposed to stick up for me." Max fake pouted.

"Chicks before dicks," Tiffany said giving me a side hug. 

"Feeling the love, Tiff." Max put his hand over his heart.

"Uh... guys, as much fun as this is," I said. "How about we let Dan step away from the door"

"That might be a good idea," Max muttered.

"I'll put on some music," Tiffany said and disappeared.

"Not a girly sound please," Jordan called out.

"Well, since you said please," she said. "Girly it is." She came back and pushed a button. The sound to 'Hips Don't Lie' came on and Jordan groaned.

The parents walked off and started dancing. Derek, Tyler and Jack went to the kitchen.

"I love this song," Kelly purred in Jordan's ear. "Let's dance." She grinded on him. He graoned and grabbed her hand.

"I love this song," he said. Kelly laughed and smiled at us.

Max asked Tiffany to dance so they started going into the lounge room to dance.

Kate, Jane went into the kitchen with Derek and that, leaving Dan and I alone. I turned to Dan nervously.