Chapter 23 :: The hug

The ceramic pavement chimed with the click of her heels as she walked along the pathway that led to an old cottage. Her steps never quivered once while walking on the broken grey path. A creaky noise was what Jungkook heard from inside the small one storey building, which looked like an abandoned cottage before he saw her entering inside.

"Let's give him a small visit, shall we?" Jungkook's lip curved upwards into a small smirk and he nodded his head with an undeniable zeal. "Oh, how I love this part of my job!" He exclaimed later, following Y/n as she walked towards a particular room. 

Opening the creaky door, they both saw Lian, tied down on the chair. His head hung low while he took short breaths of exhaustion and fatigue. "You have a guest here." Lian moved his head after hearing Jungkook's shrill voice and as he was raising his head slowly, a sharp pain jolted from the roots of his hair.

Y/n had already enclosed her entire hand around the back of his hair, taking a handful of them in her grip. "Aaahhhhhh!" He yelled in a mellow voice, a result of less food and periodic torture. "How have you been?" She threw a small smile at him, her face dropping with boundless innocence as if she could not even imagine about hurting an ant.
Let alone a human named Lian.

"You look like a pathetic wh*re!" She spit after milliseconds, not giving him any time to react. "Le-Let go…" Lian's voice shivered but he tried to act firm. Wrong move! She sighed and left his hair before pulling another spare chair and sat right in front of him. Face to face!

"Answer to our questions properly and we might consider your life…" Jungkook spoke nonchalantly. The tied up man trashed around in the chair as if his weak body could break free the steel chains. "You are making it difficult for yourself." Y/n leaned back on her chair in relaxation, folding her arms.

Lian stopped moving around and sat still. "Do you know that Taehyung recently met with an accident." She started speaking and saw the corner of Lian's lip twitch. "I am sure it wasn't just an accident." She observed him and he looked up at her, his tired yet rageful eyes spitting fire.

"There are black sheeps around Taehyung in the disguise of a lamb. You…" She pointed out a finger at him. "....are one of them." Lian listened to her and his lips curved into a sardonic smile. "But-" "But that's not it…" He interrupted her in between making her go quiet.

"There are more….and even if I wasn't successful in getting that as*hole dead...I am sure they will." Lian laughed in a maniac tone starting off slowly. Y/n fisted her hands tightly, her knuckles went white in anger. Jungkook was a mere observer to the scenario and all that he noticed now was how his laughs halted in the middle when Y/n stood up hastily, the chair she was sitting on shrieked back.

A kick hailed in the direction of Lian's chest which made him fly back with the chair and he fell on his back. He groaned in pain from the effect and Jungkook gasped lightly seeing her this outraged. She is one of those persons who doesn't lose her calm easily. Many such events have led him to be a witness of her charismatic strength and fighting skills but what he was seeing now was her pure rage.