Chapter 50 :: Father-in-law

Y/n was fidgeting with her fingers, taking slow steps towards her room as her angry husband followed her behind

Y/n was fidgeting with her fingers, taking slow steps towards her room as her angry husband followed her behind. The girl who never knew the meaning of fear was now scared to face that person, whom she loves with all her heart. That was the position where destiny has pulled her to.

She stood silently near the edge of her bed, facing her back to him. Taehyung too stood behind her, glaring at her head, breathing slowly. "Are you still not done playing with me and my feelings?" He asked, his tone calm but deep.

Y/n blinked her teary eyes, gulping down every sob that wanted to escape her lips. "I thought that you would eventually return back to me after I gave you some space but you…" He halted from speaking and clenched his jaws before throwing the divorce papers at her.

She saw the papers flying across her and gripped the sides of her dress which was until he decided to pounce on her. A low gasp left her mouth when he held her arm and swirled her around, holding her to face him. "...you are one heck of a stubborn and cruel woman!!" 

He completed, gritting his teeths in anger. "And you know this…" He pointed a finger at her face. "...this silence of yours is irritating me like hell!!" He slightly yelled. She took a deep breath and let out a sigh before holding his fingers which were gripping her arm and tried to free herself. 

"I don't want to waste my time and words explaining to you the same thing again and again Taehyung. You know everything and are still behaving aloof." She mumbled in a low voice, looking down and concentrating in removing his grip which he was adamant enough to not loosen.

"I will not let you go so stop trying!!" Taehyung deadpanned, pulling her even closer. She crooked her brows in annoyance. "Stop behaving like a child for God's sake!!" She pulled herself away from him. 

"Why aren't you understanding that everything which is happening is for your own good??" She lowered her tone and tried to speak calmly. "I came into your life for a purpose which has been served. I have no reason left to be with you anymore." She says, averting her gaze from him.

Taehyung stood mum, just looking at her with his saddened eyes. She wasn't realising what damage her words were doing to him. He shut his eyes close, clearing his vision by letting the tears drop and later he wiped his cheeks. Taking a few steps forward, he bent down and picked up the scattered papers.

"I get it." He said after a couple of minutes of long silence. Her heart was dropping hearing his cracked voice but she held her guards up. She thought that he would sign away the papers now but what he did next left her baffled.

"Taehyung!!" She gasped seeing him tear apart those papers and before she could stop him, he already crumpled the torn pieces and threw them away. He directed a staunch glare at her before turning back to leave.

"Why did you do this Taehyung?? Why are you being so stu-" Y/n followed him behind and started speaking but he turned back with the speed of light, held her arms and swirled around to pin her to the wall beside the door.