Chapter 48 :: The Chase is over?

Taehyung felt a mirage of emotions flow through his entire body when his lips found home in hers

Taehyung felt a mirage of emotions flow through his entire body when his lips found home in hers. He was angry, annoyed, surprised and speechless about everything that was going on, all at the same time that he wasn't getting time to think straight.

His thoughts were jumbled up badly and so were his feelings but one thing about which he was more than sure was that he was in love with Y/n. No matter what. He definitely loves her. There was no second thought to it.

Both of their tears never stopped rolling down their cheeks and mixed with their lips which were moulding against each other. He bit her lower lip a little too harshly and didn't realise it until he felt the metallic taste of her blood.

She hissed in pain but felt him lick her lip the next second, as if soothing her. She held the collars of his shirt tighter when he slowly detached his lips from hers, both taking long and deep breaths.

"Why?" She heard his low murmur as he leaned in and joined their foreheads together. "Why did you do this to me?" He asked, almost at the verge of crying again while she kept mum, worried lines adoring her forehead.

"Please say something." His voice became wobbly as he raised his shaky hand and held her chin before pulling up her face, making her look at him. Her heart broke into pieces seeing his bloodshot red eyes and tear stained face.

His eyes were full of sorrows and to know that the reason behind was none but her was more painful to her. "I love you so f*cking much but this is what you do to me?" He whispered in a broken voice, his lips almost touching hers. "Why Y/n? Why did you make a fool of me?? This bad!!" He slowly shook his head.

She gulped a little, her heartbeat increasing slowly. Her lips were completely sealed as she didn't know what to say. She never felt this weak and vulnerable before. His voice, his words, those eyes were making her weaker than she thought.

He looked at her for some more time, expecting an answer…..at least an explanation but nothing came out of her mouth. He chuckled lightly, letting go of her chin and moved back in the hospital bed, shifting a little away from her.

Y/n closely observed his actions and gripped the bed sheets tightly as he continued to laugh for sometime. "Yo...You….You have always ma-made a fool of me…" He spoke in between his laughter while she was too stunned to speak anything.

"Always…. every moment... every second…" He shook his head, holding it later and laughing again. He was laughing at himself. He was laughing at his fate. "I am so so so fuc*ing stupid!!!" His laughter slowly seized as he again looked at her. "So stupid to fall in love with you." He spoke with a small smile.

Y/n desperately wanted to pacify him but she knew that she had lost the rights to do so. Her job was already done. Only if he could realise and understand what she was going through. "Ta..Taeh-" "Shhh!!" Just when she was about to talk to him, he kept a finger above her lips and shushed her down.

"Don't speak anything anymore. You have lost the chance." His face hardened as his eyes turned into a deep glare towards her. "You are an atrocious and cunning woman!! All this while, ALL THIS FU*KING WHILE YOU WERE WITH ME WEARING A FU*KING MASK!!" His voice raised as he started yelling.

Y/n closed her eyes shut, not stopping the flow of tears down her cheeks as he was venting out his anger on her. "I am…" He sighed, his eyebrows creasing and he held his forehead. "How can I be such a fool to never realise??" He questioned himself, scrunching his face in irritation.

She was silently weeping until she heard a loud smack and looked up, only to find Taehyung punching the wall. Hard. "I am a fool!! An idiot!! A fu*king stupid scumbag!!" He yelled alongwith punching the wall. Y/n gasped and moved her body fast to get down the bed.

"Taehyung stop, please stop!!" She rummaged through her hospital slippers and winced as her bandaged arm pained, still she walked hastily towards Taehyung and held his arm. "Please stop!! Please!!" Her teary eyes didn't affect him as his own pain felt larger than that to him.

He shrugged himself away from her hold but also held her arm the next second and pinned her to the same wall, still making sure to not hurt her injured arm. "Don't stop me!! You CANNOT exercise any rights on me after what you did." He glared at her, clenching his jaws tightly.

"Tae…" She uttered his name softly. "No…" He shook his head, pulling her closer to him. "I did everything to save you. To protect you." Her voice started breaking slowly and so were her hopes from life. "You didn't. YOU DIDN'T SAVE ME!!" He yelled all of a sudden making her flinch back.

"It was my dad who saved me." His eyes were glistening with tears but his words took the shape of anger. "You were just doing your job…." His voice slightly lowered down. "....for which you were getting paid." He whispered and Y/n could swear that she heard something break inside her.

How can you think this way??

"Tae…." Her voice almost dreaded coming out but his name slipped out of her lips with a lot of pain in it. "Yes!! This is the truth, Miss agent." He held a cold look on his face and himself didn't realise when his hold on her arm tightened beyond her bearing capacity that she winced at his grip.

He immediately withdrew his hold and couldn't help but curse himself for being still so attentive of her pain. "Oh!! I am so sorry….I just hurt you….now my touch also hurts you isn't it??" He mocked, hiding his worry while she looked down, bearing his taunts.

"But come on!! You can give it back to me, you know. Like you can slap me, or….maybe punch me!! What do you say??" He tilted his head, wiping away his tears. "Huh?? Y/n??" He called her name but she didn't look up at him, feeling extremely helpless and heartbroken.

"Fu*king talk to me!!" He held her nape and pulled her closer to his face and she gasped at his sudden action. "I can't take your silence at this moment!!" He glared at her, holding back his own tears which were betraying him at any chance given.

"You are hurting me." Her chin trembled as she complained to him while holding the cloth of his shirt above his chest. "Am I?" He raised a brow. "Or are you talking about yourself?" She didn't hold back her tears as they dropped one by one from her eyes. "I really care about you." She says, honesty and love shining through her eyes. "Do you?" He chuckled. "Or are you talking about me." His own eyes teared up as he saw his world in her glossy eyes.

"You have ruined me. I can't even unlove you." He spoke straight, looking dead into her eyes. "Stop!" She shook her head as Taehyung pulled her closer to him, leaving no space between their bodies. "You will leave me now. Your job is done. The enemies are chased down. The curtains are dropped. The show is over." He finally let out the insecurity that was making home inside his heart and mind.

"I am very tired, Tae." She held his palm and leaned towards his chest, resting her head on his chest. "You will leave me." He shed a tear on the top of her head as he stood motionless. "I need rest." She sighed, closing her eyes. Her hand moved from his waist and roamed along his back, caressing him.

"You will stop chasing me." He whispered monotonously while she stayed in his embrace, feeling his warmth till her heartfelt. Maybe for the last time.

______________________________________

Well Well Well....🌚
Look who posted 😪😅😘
Yes....me😩😩😩
Anyways.....
For those who wants to know about the number of chapters left in this story.....lemme tell you....the story in it's last phase and gonna end soon but I can't accurately tell you within how many chapters....maybe tentatively 8-10 chapters more 🙌

Also, always remember that I will come back with more stories so you guys don't have to be upset 😘💓

Please drop in your views on this chapter 💗