Chapter 41 :: Broken Hearts

Tiny droplets of water dribbled down the length of her dark locks, her hair sticking together, her clothes dampened, her cheeks flushed, her eyes red, she came out of the shower with slow steps

Tiny droplets of water dribbled down the length of her dark locks, her hair sticking together, her clothes dampened, her cheeks flushed, her eyes red, she came out of the shower with slow steps. Taehyung's words were still ringing in her mind and the thoughts of the events which are going to take place in the future made Y/n sit under the shower for more than two hours and now she lost track of time.

With a broken heart and numb limbs, she changed her clothes, still sniffing her tears and trying her best to forget what happened back in the terrace. His fallen face and teary eyes made her feel nauseous every time that she cursed the day she fell so weak in love.

Just when she was drying her hair, her phone buzzed with a notification. She wanted to shut herself off from everyone for a time being but owing to her profession, she knew she can't do that.

Unlocking her phone, she saw a message from Jungkook regarding some information about Soomi which she had told him to gather. But what caught her eyes were numerous unread messages from Jimin. The moment she opened the chat, she regretted it.

An exhausting sigh escaped her lips and her eyes went blurry with fresh tears

An exhausting sigh escaped her lips and her eyes went blurry with fresh tears. She somewhere knew that Taehyung would become vulnerable once half the truth broke out and exactly the same thing happened. Now she can't even imagine what he will go through when the entire truth unfolds before him.

Why was life being so harsh on me? Don't I deserve to be happy with the person I love?

Several thoughts crossed her mind but she broke out of her trance when the doorbell rang. She, though, wanted to lock herself up in a quiet room and dump down her disturbing and painful thoughts, but it was her duty to be attentive and when it comes to Taehyung, she becomes all the more attentive.

Slowly walking down, she halted midway in the staircase when one of the attendants opened the door and came inside a stumbling Taehyung, completely drunk with a struggling Jimin behind him. Her heartbeats raced quickly seeing his face and she hurriedly walked down.

Just when she was about to hold Taehyung, another pair of hands engulfed his arm, slickly pushing her away from him. Looking up, Y/n found Soomi glare at her, while holding Taehyung. "I can manage. Thank you." Y/n spoke, trying to hold Taehyung again but her heart broke into pieces when this time Taehyung himself jerked away from her hold.

"I guess he wants my help. Right Tae?" Soomi let out a teasing smirk but Y/n was painfully looking at Taehyung until Jimin spoke up. "I can't stand here all night. Will you move?" Jimin snarled at her, holding Taehyung from the other side, who looked too drunk to even stand on his own.

"Taeh-" "Go away from my si-sight…" Taehyung slurred, quivering his eyebrows and that was the last straw as Soomi literally pushed her away to make a way and walked away with Taehyung. Y/n looked at their back as they stumbled upstairs but what irked her more was the way Soomi had her arm wrapped around his waist.

Instead of going behind them, Y/n stood still in the middle of the hall, deep in her thoughts until she heard footsteps coming downstairs. "You are so hopeless!!" Jimin gritted his teeths as he started speaking. "Initially I didn't like you but eventually I did because he was happy with you. I was an idiot to think so." He scoffed.

Soomi too came, while taking slow strides down the stairs and stood beside Jimin, staring at her. Y/n crossed her arms before looking back at Jimin. "I don't want to talk about my personal life…" She rolled her eyeballs before landing them on Soomi. "...in front of outsiders. Please Jimin." She again looked back at Jimin with a soft gaze only to earn a glare from him.

"When it comes to Taehyung, I am not an outsider. He is my family, you better understand this!!" Y/n sighed after hearing him while Soomi smirked, enjoying the drama unfolding before her. "I am not talking about you-" "Even I am not an outsider regarding Tae's matter. You better know your place." Soomi retorted almost immediately.

Y/n stopped speaking for a while and continued to look at Soomi, almost glaring at her. "Don't you worry. I will show you your place real soon." Y/n smiled at her lighty making Soomi's smile falter slowly. She scoffed a little before leaving the place and Y/n quickly looked at Jimin. "Liste-" "Don't you dare talk to me." Jimin stepped back.

"Jimin I-" "I told you something. I don't even want to look at you seriously. You have no idea how excited he was to fuc*ing propose to you. He was as excited as a baby. I don't understand why he had to fall in love with you out of everyone." Jimin spoke disappointedly before leaving the mansion while a few drops of tears escaped from the corner of her eyes.

She let out a long exhausting sigh before scooting upstairs. Opening the door to his room, she saw Taehyung, sprawled across the bed, eyes closed, forehead creased, murmuring something. She stood by the door, holding the knob, shedding tears while looking at him.

Look what I did I do to him.

She felt guilt and agony rush down through every part of her body and her knees felt jelly but she didn't fall down. She knew she had a long way to go. A long way for his safety. For her love. Her first love. Kim Taehyung.

"Y/n-ah.." His lips, even in intoxication, didn't forget to murmur her name and she wondered. Should she feel happy to meet someone who loves her this crazy or feel dejected because she can never have that person or his love? A sad smile broke across her lips at the cruelty of reality. Only if she could live in imagination.

Life is actually cruel.

Slowly walking towards him, she sat on her knees on the floor beside the bed and removed his shoes one by one, followed by his socks. Later, removing his wrist watch, she caressed his black tresses which half covered his eyes. "Please…" He murmured again.

"D... Don't…" He mildly shook his head, sleep talking. She made him sleep in a rather more proper position and covered him with a duvet. "Don't leave." He said a little louder this time and Y/n felt like running away from there. Ironically, she leaned forward and pecked his forehead instead. She can at least embrace his unconscious state.

"I love you Y/n." She placed her hand over his lips lightly. "Stop saying that." Tears accumulated in her eyes faster than light. "Please." She mumbled, controlling her sobs and stood up to leave but Taehyung held her wrist. "Y/n-ah…" Taehyung looked at her with his half closed eyes, drowsy in sleep. "Do-Don't…" His grip around her wrist loosened slowly.

"...leave.." His eyes closed completely and also his grip loosened, hence he slept and left her wrist while she stood there for a while, still and unfazed, looking at him. She wiped her cheeks before shaking her head and walked out of the room. "I will have to leave soon. I can't take this anymore." She mumbled to herself.

___________________________________________

I can't wait for the upcoming chapters 🤩😌 I just want to write and post them asap 🌝😃 I hope I write everything the way I have planned it 🏃🤡

Anyways, drop your reviews 💖