Chapter 26 :: Mimicry

Y/n's POV :-

Y/n's POV :-

Slicing my knife against the soft crunch of the chicken breast, I fluttered my eyes, concentrating on the food rather than the growing tension in the atmosphere. Mr Kim sat on the head chair of the dining table, Namjoon sat between him and Taehyung on the right side while I sat on Mr. Kim's left.

Though Taehyung agreed to meet his father, still he was stubborn to make it extremely difficult by behaving so stiff and confined, also not to forget, sarcastic with him. I also called Namjoon because I thought that he would act as an interacting medium between the two but NO! 

He himself was behaving stiff and awkward as if he was forced to ask a girl out. Only the sound of cutlery was all that I could hear as none spoke a word. "I am glad that you are fine." Mr Kim broke the silence and I finally looked up at him, looking forward to a healthy conversation but it failed again when Taehyung remained unresponsive.

Great!

I smiled awkwardly at the man who gave me a helpless look. I looked at Namjoon who was busy eating his rice cakes rather than doing the main job. Clenching my jaws a little, I kicked his feet under the table. He almost choked on his food and looked down before looking up at me.

"What?" I widened my eyes when he yelled with a stuffed mouth. The other two men by now had their attention paid to me. "Sorry." I quickly apologized, dismissing the matter then and there, only for the others to resume their eating session.

I kicked Namjoon's feet again and before he could shout this time, I kicked him again, making him look at me, angrily. I pressed my finger over my lips, indicating him to keep shut. He raised his brows, shaking his head a little. I looked at him before directing my eyes towards Mr. Kim and Taehyung. 

"Can you make them talk?"

"How could I?" 

He shrugged his shoulders and I sighed. Is he really gonna be useless? I glared at him, getting frustrated and he glared back at me in return. He is undoubtedly Taehyung's brother. Childish and unthoughtful!

"At least strike a conversation involving the two of them?"

I again signalled him silently, using my eyes only. "Umm…" He finally cleared his throat grabbing the other two men's attention. "...this chicken tastes good... isn't it?" I frowned when they only nodded, agreeing to him and Namjoon sat still, awkwardly, looking lost and disconnected.

"I tried!"

Namjoon looked at me with helpless eyes and I sighed again for the umpteenth time. "Mr Kim, why don't we four take a stroll in the backyard after the meal…? Taehyung will feel good too amidst the nature." I smiled a little, tapping my fingers on the table.

"Sure." Mr Kim smiled back.

"No!" Taehyung spat back at the same time.

I looked at him and raised my brows. What the hell now? Why don't you want to? "I want to rest a bit." He deadpanned before getting up from his seat and then walked upstairs towards his room. This guy! "Dad…" I heard Namjoon's voice while my eyes still lingered on the retreating figure of Taehyung.