Chapter 31 :: Soft touches

With a small screeching noise, Y/n's car came to a halt in front of his mansion

With a small screeching noise, Y/n's car came to a halt in front of his mansion. She took in a sharp breath before sighing out and later rested her head on the steering wheel. A few seconds passed and a mellow sob escaped her lips. She sniffed before raising her head and resting it back on the seat.

Tears rolled down her eyes while she pressed her hand above her mouth to restrict them. "Stop crying like an idiot!" She scolded herself, her voice was laced with irritation. She didn't know why she felt like crying that much. Or maybe she knew exactly why she was crying.

"Shit!" She exclaimed, wiping her cheeks continuously. "Why did I kiss him? Shit! Shit! Shit!" She clasped her hairs and pulled them a little in frustration. "Why do I lose myself in front of him like that? Whyyyy??" She wanted to slap herself while whining to the air.

"Why am I crying like this now? Why?" Her voice softened while tears kept streaming down her eyes, wetting her cheeks. "Please control yourself Y/n. Please…." She shook her head, trapping her lower lip between her teeths, preventing them from trembling.

"He shouldn't affect you. No. He shouldn't…" She blew out some air, trying hard to trap in her tears but was failing to do so. "Just one more month. And then it will be over. He will live his life the way he used to and you will go your own way. He…" She hiccuped, her words collapsing in between.

"...He will be happy and safe. That's all. That's all I want." She breathed in, wanting to stabilize her emotions. "I am sorry Taehyung. I am sorry for leading you towards something which I can never give you. Just…" She licked her lower lip, her voice breaking again and before she knew, her eyes brimmed with fresh tears.

||

Taehyung's POV :-

This guy! He is good at games mann! But dude look who you are competing against. "Yo-You are so g-gonna loose." He squirmed around, talking in a gibberish tone as his mouth was filled with snacks and I kept quiet, concentrating on the game instead. Our fingers tapped vigorously on the console and I was getting closer to the winning position but just then the front door creaked open and she walked in.

My eyes as well as my attention went towards her before my gaze hooked on her tired frame. She walked inside with lazy steps, later hanging over her coat on the hanger and then started removing her boots. I was so involved in looking at her that I forgot about the game I was playing until Jungkook yelled out in excitement. He won.

"Yiikkeesss I won!" Jungkook's shrill voice broke my trance and I averted my eyes from her who wasn't giving me any attention. Why? "Yeah Yeah!" I rolled my eyes, throwing away the console on the couch and then stood up. "Where did you go? You didn't even bother to tell me." I couldn't help but ask her. Wasn't I even allowed to know about her whereabouts?

She gave me a small look, her eyes were a little puffy and her face was fallen. "Work." I frowned at her curt short reply. "Okay I am leaving then." Jungkook stood up, letting out a huff of breath and she nodded meekly. "It's late. You can stay over." I directed towards Jungkook, my eyes again following back to her figure who looked a little bothered around me. What happened to her suddenly?