XLIX. THE NERVES OF SIRIUS BLACK

CATCHING EYES!

MARCH 1977

6th Year

• • • •

"Go." Holland told Sirius through gritted teeth, shoving him towards the blonde girl - who was sat, reading a book in the courtyard.

"But what if-?"

"Go," The girl repeated, cutting him off and once again pushing him towards the girl, yet he still hesitated, "Go now, or I will cut off your balls and feed them to you." Holland threatened, making the boy's eyes widen.

"Women are scary." Sirius muttered.

"Yeah," Holland nodded, "Now go ask out Maggie." She said in a cheery voice, pushing him towards her once more, staying stood by the pillar, as she watched him nervously walk over to the Hufflepuff.

"I don't think that I've ever seen Sirius Black so nervous." Lily stated, as she, Remus, Peter and James joined Holland, watching him anxiously talking to Margaret.

"Well, he's been going on about her since the Halloween ball, and now that he knows it's actually her, because Marlene can't keep a secret and told him immediately after you and Holland told her, it makes sense that he's feeling like that." James shrugged.

"Plus, I threatened to feed him his balls." Holland spoke up.

James nodded, "That too."

Seeing that the boy was coming back to them, his friends quickly acted as though they weren't just watching - acting very poorly.

"So?" Remus asked Sirius, all of them looking at him in anticipation.

"She said yes." He nodded with a wide grin, making his friends cheer.

"Told you." Holland said, hugging him.

"I know, you're always right." Sirius nodded, hugging her back.

"Put that on a banner, and I'll love you forever," The girl told the boy, making him laugh, "I'm serious."

"So am I." The Gryffindor smirked, making the girl roll her eyes.

James then turned to the redhead next to him, "So, Evans?"

Lily rolled her eyes, "Piss off, Toerag." She told him, grabbing Holland's hand and walking over to a smiling and blushing Margaret.

"You're smiling." Holland smirked, looking at her friend.

"Shut up." Lily muttered.

"And blushing."

"I hate you." The redhead mumbled, before the pair sat either side of the Hufflepuff, smiling at her.

"You guys smiling at me is really creepy." The blonde told her friends.

"You've got a date with him." Holland teased the girl, poking her in her sides.

Margaret blushed beet red, "I have you to thank." She said to the Slytherin.

"You really do," Lily nodded, "Because Sirius is actually a massive chicken."

"And a drama queen." Holland added, making her friends laugh and nod in agreement.

***

"So, how long until your date?" Holland asked Margaret, as they looked around Zonko's.

Margaret checked her watch, "Fifteen minutes."

"Are you excited?" The Slytherin asked a beaming Margaret.

"Is it that obvious?"

"If you smile any wider your face will crack." Holland chuckled, putting an item back on the shelf, as Margaret blushed even more - if that was possible.

"How was Quidditch practice yesterday?" Margaret asked her, as they continued to look around the shop.

Holland sighed heavily, "Not good. They barely listen to me as Captain. They just ignore both Bron and I," She frowned, "It;s bad enough being ostracised in the Common Room, but to be ignored by your own team. That's so much worse," She told the Hufflepuff, "I-I think I need to quit the team."

Margaret gasped, "What?"

The Slytherin shrugged, biting her lip, "What else can I do."

"But you love playing Quidditch."

"I love playing Quidditch with my friends," Holland corrected her, "And now I only have one left on that team. Bronwyn's thinking about quitting, too. And besides, if I leave, then Reggie becomes Captain."

"Well, whatever you decide, I'll support you." Margaret told her friend, taking the Irish girl's hand.

Holland smiled gratefully, "Thank you. You know, this was my birthday wish."

"What was?"

"Us - all of us - to be together. Happy. In public."

"I'm happy it came true."

"I am too." Holland smiled, the friends sharing a hug.

"You guys are all going to be watching Sirius and I in The Three Broomsticks, aren't you.

"Obviously."

"Brilliant."