Chapter 5

Emilia, once again, was running late. In her defence, she was never late to her meetings or to the track or anything like that, it was just when she was getting ready to go out. Aurelia was busy getting herself ready as the invite to the party had extended to her as well and even if it hadn't, Emilia would have brought her manager as her plus one anyway.

Emilia's outfit consisted of a low-cut black jumpsuit that was made of a flowy material and fastened with a gold belt that hugged her waist. The jumpsuit was short but not tight which was good in the Australian heat. Aurelia was wearing a mini black dress that was plain and simple but Emilia thought it made her look stunning.

Luckily, the party was in one of the hotel's function rooms so there was no grumpy George waiting for her to finish so they could leave. Though there were no cameras, the team suggested they spend time off the track so they could bond which would help team morale. This meant they usually arrived and left at night's out at the same time. Plus it meant they only had to hire one car between them which saved money.

Emilia had trained with George that morning as Christine had caught a bug and was in bed though she would still be travelling to Bahrain. Emilia's Tuesday, when she wasn't training, was spent looking at her stats and spending some time preparing for Bahrain. It wasn't an eventful day, but she was still tired from race on Sunday.

Emilia and Aurelia arrived at the party quite late by looking at how full the venue was. The place Alex had hired was full of dance lights that would give anyone a headache if they stared at for longer than a few seconds. It was a similar vibe to Daniel's party.

While Aurelia went to go off and talk to some of the Haas members, Emilia went to locate Alex. She found him and gave her his gift which he thanked her for. There was a girl next to him who Emilia knew but was introduced anyway.

"Emilia, this is Lily my girlfriend." Emilia smiled and hugged her. She knew that Alex's girlfriend was stunning but she was even more so in person.

"Hi nice to meet you." Lily greeted cheerfully. The girls chatted for most of the evening about everything. "It's nice to have another girl here. There aren't many in this sport, usually I have to put up with those three which is a nightmare." Lily gestured to Lando, George and Alex who were laughing uncontrollably making their drinks shake in their hands.

"I bad for you. They're pretty much children and when they're together they're even worse." Emilia laughed. They talked for a while longer comparing their sports and having amazing discussions on people they'd met and what they were actually like off camera.

"Shall we join the boys. It seems a bit silly if I've flown all this way and don't actually speak to my boyfriend." Lily laughed. She had such a calm aura that surrounded providing serenity to those around her. The golfer was a really great person to be around.

"Are you coming to Bahrain?" Emilia yelled over the obnoxiously loud music as they strolled towards the trio of drivers. Lily shook her head.

"I could only get yesterday and today off before I have to fly back for training. It really sucks that Alex and my timetables don't match. I should be able to come to more races this year but the distance is still hard." Lily admitted. She heard that a last part of her sentence a lot when it came to Formula 1 relationships.

"Hey beautiful, I missed you." Alex smiled and put his arm round his girlfriend as he kissed her on the lips. Emilia stood next to her and George with Lando opposite them.

"Nice to see you have a bit more clothing on than yesterday." Lando noticed with a cheeky grin on his face referring to her Instagram. George chuckled.

"As you said, I'm taking a page out of George's book. As a rookie, I need to learn from the drivers that are better than me, unfortunately you didn't make the cut." Emilia sarcastically smiled. Lando bit his lip and he began to think of a response but Alex intervened before that could happen.