Chapter 86: Race Twenty-Three

Happy two years old to this book, what a day to finish it.
This is one massive chapter, enjoy <3

"Good morning." Lando mumbled in Emilia's ear waking her up.

"What time is it?" Emilia asked keeping her eyes shut. She had been awake for a while but she lay there waiting for her alarm to go off.

"The alarm is going to go off in a minute but I was already awake so I turned it off." Lando replied wrapping an arm around Emilia.

"I don't want to get up." Emilia answered pulling the covers over her head. It was a mix of her not wanting to start the day because she was so nervous for the race but Emilia also didn't want the day to end because that would mean her time in F1, would be over.

"Do you want to talk about today?" Lando questioned. "Whatever the result is today, it won't change anything between us." Emilia sat up so she could face Lando.

"I know it won't change anything but I'm so nervous I think I'm going to be sick." Emilia admitted. "It's a big race today."

"You weren't nervous yesterday though." Lando pointed out. "What's changed?"

"I don't know. I did this last year as well for the last race in F2. I was fine for qualifying but as soon as race morning turned up, I was shitting myself." Emilia explained.

"You'll be fine. You are so talented and even if you don't get P3 today you'll have done everything you can possible to try and get it. You're unstoppable." Lando replied.

"You're going to have a problem today if I'm unstoppable." Emilia smiled.

"You might be unstoppable but you can be stopped if your car doesn't work." Lando shrugged smiling.

"You wouldn't." Emilia answered throwing a pillow at Lando. The two of them got dressed and Lando headed off to the track while Emilia grabbed breakfast in the buffet.

Emilia did not feel like eating anything. When she was talking to Lando, her nerves disappeared but now that he was gone, she felt very sick again. Emilia pushed her food around her plate knowing that she should eat but she felt too sick to eat. Emilia heard someone move the chair opposite her at the table and sit down. She looked up.

"I am eating." Emilia assured Toto. "You know I get like this before the last race, it happened last year."

"Are you nervous?" Toto asked.

"Of course I am. Are you not?" Emilia replied shoving food in her mouth to prove Toto wrong.

"Yeah I am." Toto stated. "You know you'll be fine today."

"I don't know, I have a tendency to crash. I actually feel more nervous today than I did last year and I only have one Championship to worry about this time." Emilia laughed.

"Whatever happens, you'll have done everyone proud." Toto replied.

"Except my parents but I don't really care about that." Emilia pointed out. She put some food in her mouth and pondered. "Maybe I should have taken the Alfa seat."

"Alfa were not giving you a good deal." Toto responded. "Sure, if you wanted to race that badly in F1 you could have taken it but you stood up for yourself as you always do. It's one of your best attributes but, it does give me a headache with the media some of the time." Toto smiled.

"At the time, I didn't want it that bad but now that I don't have it, I want it." Emilia sighed stabbing at food with her fork.

"Emilia, I like to believe that everything will work out in the end. Look at George, he was stuck at the back for two years and as soon as he gets a competitive car he proves himself good enough for a Mercedes seat. I don't think Lewis will retire this season but he will retire at some point. Then there will be an opening. You can't change the past but you can control the present, which is what you need to do today."