Chapter 43

"You just kissed me in front of all these people." Emilia quietly squealed to Lando with their faces within inches of each other.

"Yeah I guess I did." Lando grinned.

"Oi get over here for a photo." George called the other two. They grabbed their trophies and joined George on the top step of the podium and grinned. The smiles didn't need forcing as the four of them up there, including George's engineer, were overjoyed. Lando wrapped his arm around Emilia's waist and she smiled at him before facing forward for the cameras.

After photos, they went back down the stairs. Aurelia was there waiting for her outside but Emilia pulled Lando aside. George glanced at them as Emilia stopped Lando but continued walking out.

"What happened to summer break?" Emilia asked. He put his hands on her ass as he leant against the wall.

"Are you complaining I did it earlier?" Lando questioned grinning.

"Absolutely not." Emilia smiled.

"That P3 hat looks amazing on you, but it's in the way of me kissing you." Lando said as he took of his P2 hat and then Emilia's so he could press his lips to hers.

"Come on we've got media stuff to do. I'll text you when I'm done because I might need a lift back." Emilia replied.

"Yeah of course. We're going out later though." Lando decided.

"Cool with me." Emilia responded. Jost was waiting for her outside and he gave her a big hug.

"That was a phenomenal drive. You should be proud of that." Jost congratulated.

"Do I have to do any?" Emilia queried hoping for a positive answer.

"That's the first thing you say?" Jost laughed.

"Is that a yes?" Emilia grew a smile. "You know there are going to be horrible questions about what just happened."

"Yeah, we will discuss that later." Jost used a sterner tone. "But I am in a good mood. Sky Sports, Channel 4 and the F1 one with George and Lando then the fan one later on and that's it."

"Thank you. You're the best." Emilia gave her Team Principal a hug. Aurelia dragged her off as she was supposed to be with Sky Sports in a few minutes.

"You can be yourself in these interviews. Just watch what you give away about Lando." Aurelia suggested.

"Okay yep." Emilia responded.

"And here she is. Our third place driver for today." Natalie Pinkham introduced.

"Hi." Emilia greeted still smiling.

"Have you stopped smiling yet?" She asked.

"Uh no. My face actually hurts from it but I can't stop." Emilia wasn't going to complain too much about that. She was so glad the first question wasn't about Lando.

"We only heard some of the communication between you and your engineer but not all of it. You seemed to give him a lot of credit in the interview earlier." Natalie mentioned.

"I don't think I could have done that without him. I was never going to give up or let Lewis pass easily but I didn't think he would still be in my mirrors when I crossed the line. John must have been as stressed as I was yet he sounded calm and kept me calm. I know that's his job but he was amazing today and I cannot thank him enough." Emilia answered.

"Fantastic drive today Emilia your motivation to get on the podium today was far greater than anyone else's on track. What was the reason for that today?" Jenson asked.