Chapter 48

"Ugh this is not what I would call a holiday." Lily complained gesturing to the chaos around her. The men were playing some form of water polo in the pool with some of their girlfriends playing as well. Emilia, Lily and Isa excluded themselves and resorted to sunning themselves instead but it was hard to relax with all the noise and frequent splashing of water beside them.

"We need a girl's day somewhere." Emilia added.

"There's a spa not too far from here that's good." Isa suggested.

"Can you book us in?" Lily asked.

"Yeah I can try." Isa nodded.

"How many people are coming though? Surely, we don't want to invite the boys?" Emilia needed a break from the testosterone obviously not including Lando and maybe George. "I'll ask. Oi who wants to go on a spa day?" She shouted. She caught most of their attention Some of the boys responded with yes. "Women only, sorry men you can have a men's day or something."

Isa sorted the spa talking to someone on the phone in the kitchen so she would actually be able hear the person on the other end of the phone. The only booking they had for the rather large number of people this week was this afternoon. There was a hurry to get everything ready as they had to leave soon. As there were seven of them, they had to take two cars. Isa drove her car and Max had a nicer rental car than the one that Lando hired.

"Max let me take it." Emilia pleaded. "It's not a Formula 1 car so I won't crash it or anything."

"Not a scratch okay? This car isn't mine so I can't afford to pay damages." Max responded.

"Of course you can afford it, you would rather not pay it. Trust me it's fine and if I crash it I will pay for it." Emilia promised. "But you're paying for any speeding tickets."

"What hang on?!" Max protested.

"Bye see you later." Emilia shut the front door behind her before Max could stop her. She's already said goodbye to Lando and the girls bundled into Max's car with Emilia driving and Kelly next to her. Char and Lily were in the back. "I don't trust myself Kelly you drive." Emilia swapped seats with Kelly letting her drive. It's not that she didn't trust herself it's that she now feared driving. Not once, had she driven anywhere since her accident. She almost could but she sat in the driver's seat and realised she couldn't. Emilia thought she hid her fear pretty well acting as if she didn't want to drive because she didn't feel like it and that her hands were shaking in the pockets of her shorts.

"We should have booked taxis so we could go for drinks afterwards." Lily pointed out.

"We can still go for drinks just less I guess and Isa says there's loads of shops around here that do late night shopping so we can do that." Charlotte added. "Em what you thinking?" Emilia was still trying to calm herself down from her little freak out she had while in the driver's seat.

"Uh yeah that sounds good." Emilia nodded. If anyone noticed anything was up with Emilia, they didn't say anything.

The girls chatted about Monaco which was a conversation that Emilia couldn't really get involved with. She could have tried and listened but she was having a meltdown inside. The accident kept replaying in her head. From her listening to music to suddenly becoming unconscious, it freaked her out.

They arrived at the spa and Emilia got out the car taking a deep breath. They had had the windows open in the car but she still felt like she couldn't breathe. Her mood improved once the other car arrived. The group of women were probably very annoying to everyone else but they were having the best time. They were relaxing and mostly quiet but often someone would reveal something and they would all squeal and be overexcited and they hadn't even had that much alcohol. Emilia sat chatting in the sauna to Cate when the other Kate came in. She sat the other side of the Williams driver.