Chapter 44

Emilia got a few days off to soak in her podium before being required back at Williams' HQ. A few days was not long enough for Emilia to absorb everything that had happened. However, she retuned to work with a big grin on her face ready to sort out some sponsors or do simulator work.

"Emilia, Jost wanted you to go into his office this morning." The receptionist informed as she entered the blue building.

"Okay thanks." Emilia smiled as she headed up the stairs to Jost's office. She wondered whether it was just or congratulate maybe  give her a new contract. Emilia knocked on the door once she'd reached his room and he gestured her in.

"How are you?" Jost asked.

"Yeah I'm great, how are you?" Emilia answered.

"Good, sit down." Jost invited. Emilia had only been in his office a few times and that was for discussing contracts. Maybe it was the start of or rather continuation of her career at Williams. "I wanted to discuss a few things."

"Okay..." Emilia replied. Jost's voice was monotone giving nothing away.

"Firstly, your relationship with Lando. Is that compromising your driving?" Jost questioned. Not the question Emilia was hoping for.

"Did France look like he was compromising my driving?" Emilia retaliated. She wasn't sure whether Jost had seen her interviews but she'd told them they'd been together since Spain roughly.

"You were dating during France?" Jost enquired his tone changing. It was more judgmental than previously.

"Since Spain technically." Emilia responded calmly. "Zak's chill with it." Emilia added though she realised afterwards she probably shouldn't have from his reaction.

"Zak knew and you didn't think to tell me?" This conversation was not going the way Emilia had envisioned.

"We didn't mean to tell him he walked in on us kissing. If you have a problem with us, say it." Emilia replied. She used us unconsciously but it highlighted to her team boss how far into their relationship they were.

"Emilia I am only concerned with where your priorities lie." Jost stated. Emilia knew that was bullshit. He was worried about bad press from the media which would result in sponsors pulling out or not being able to sign more.

"Did you have any concerns with my priorities before you knew about Lando and I?" Emilia questioned. Jost didn't reply. "Exactly." Emilia got up thinking they were done but Jost interrupted her.

"Emilia sit back down please, that's not the main reason I called you in here." Jost admitted. Emilia recomposed herself as she took a seat. There was an inkling of hope in her that he was about to offer her a new contract. Maybe the paper was sitting there in one of his mysterious draws he had. Aurelia could have already been in and checked it over so she would be given the okay to go ahead and sign it. "Latifi is coming back next year." Jost revealed.

"Huh?" Emilia responded. Here she was thinking her future would be solved for the next few years when the opposite was actually occurring.

"Nicky will be joining us at Williams next year again." Jost repeated. Emilia didn't understand but she wasn't about to shout.

"So I'm being dropped after Abu Dhabi?" Emilia questioned.

"If George decides to stay here next season, then yes you will be without a seat." Jost confirmed. He acted tranquil which pissed Emilia off more.

"Does it have anything to do with Lando?" Emilia wanted the truth because it was coincidental that this had occurred after Lando kissed her on the podium.