Chapter 65

itsbitchee made me post early

Emilia finally came off the podium and down the stairs to where Christine was waiting with her. George was standing there chatting with her racing suit half pulled down so it rested on his waist. He saw her and hugged Emilia again lifting her up. It wasn't entirely comfortable for Emilia but she appreciated the gesture. She was very careful not to drop the trophy.

"Aw look at you, little race winner." George put Emilia down and took her cap off to mess with her champagne-soaked hair. "That trophy is almost as big as you."

"I am not that short George." Emilia rolled her eyes to happy to be mad at him. "The trophy is quite heavy though."

"Well that's because the only other trophy you have is P3 which is a little one." George pointed out.

"What is your obsession with calling everything to do with me small. Yes I am smaller than you but I think you'll find the points you got today were pretty small compared to mine."

"I can't argue with that one." George answered. Emilia turned her attention to Christine who had been patiently standing there.

"Thank you." Emilia said hugging her trainer tight.

"What are you thanking me for? You did all that out on track today." Christine chuckled.

"Girl seriously, you kept me focused through all those red flags. My mind didn't wander once thanks to you." Emilia smiled.

"It's what I'm paid to do." Christine shrugged.

"Yeah well you're going to get a massive pay raise." Emilia responded. Unfortunately, Emilia had to leave the two of them as she had a press conference to get to. Even that didn't ruin her mood. Emilia sat down in between Lewis and Daniel. The questions started fairly easily with them asking generally about the race.

"Emilia, I think we know the answer here, but how did you find the race?"

"I wouldn't say I enjoyed it. I enjoyed crossing the line and everything after that but the race itself was very stressful. I don't think I've felt that stressed before but I'm happy with how it turned out." Emilia smiled. The other two were asked the same question.

"McLaren had a good race today. Annoying that our rivals won the race but it's Emilia so it's alright. I'm happy with her winning." Daniel laughed.

"I'm happy with Emilia winning as well. I think she deserves it. I think she deserved it in Spa and deserved pole yesterday as well. My race was difficult especially as I got overtaken by a Williams."

"I think we all got overtaken by a Williams." Daniel added.

"Yeah we all did." Lewis chuckled. "It wasn't my best race I could have done with the win but if I wanted anyone to win it would have been Emilia. Mercedes are lucky to have her as a Junior Driver." Lewis glanced to Emilia smiling. She felt her face flush with all the attention she was getting.

"Next questions for Emilia. We saw you speaking with Valtteri at the end. Was it an argument?"

"No it wasn't, it was the opposite. Valtteri and I are all good now. There's no bitterness between us." Emilia replied. She wasn't about to reveal what Valtteri had said because she felt that it would betray him.

"Another question for Emilia, how's your relationship with Jost after Thursday? Is it any better because of this result? Is there any update on your future as well?"

"Well he dropped me without telling me so we're not on the best terms. Today was the best thing that could have happened. I beat the driver he wants in worse machinery and proved him wrong. That's what I'm here to do – prove people wrong." Emilia answered. She probably shouldn't chat this much shit about her Team Principal but what was he going to do about it? He's already dropped her for next year. "And regarding my future, I hope that someone will watch the race thinking I'm the person they want in their team. I think this race will show them I'm a good choice wherever I may be next year." Emilia was surprised by the confidence in her answer but maybe this race win would make her a different person. Lewis was asked about the title fight which took the light off Emilia for a moment. It came back to her after that though.