Chapter 63

just a warning that you might need tissues towards the end of the chapter hehe

Emilia did not phone Lando that night. She hovered her finger over the call button but then she remembered the girl in the garage. Emilia presumed Lando had brought her with him to Russia to watch the race. Daniel hadn't greeted the girl when he'd walked past her so that was the conclusion Emilia came to. Emilia didn't like that he was with something else but she couldn't do anything. She'd fucked up in the first place. Plus, Lando would probably mad if he found out what Emilia the did the night of her brother's wedding and the night they broke up – or rather who she did.

Emilia missed Lando a lot. She wanted him back in her arms, she wanted to make him smile and plant kisses all over his face. They had spent three weeks apart yet for Emilia it felt like an incalculable amount of time. She had learned that life was possible without Lando, but it was a life she didn't want to live. The problem was Emilia didn't know how Lando felt. That was biggest problem with relationships. Unless the other half explicitly shares their feelings, which even then could be a lie, you have no idea how they feel. Emilia yearned to talk to Lando now, go up to his room, have a conversation and spend the night with him. But she couldn't because that girl was probably up there with him doing things Emilia didn't want to think about.

The Williams driver knew she was being incredibly hypocritical. She also knew that she could have been overreacting and making a deal over one small interaction she could have taken the wrong way but an instinct told her she wasn't making things up.

Emilia did plan to go to the McLaren and speak to Lando after FP3. She walked past their garage in the pitlane aiming to stop but saw Lando laughing and the same woman excessively giggling and putting her hands on his arms. Emilia decided to stroll straight past. She needed to go somewhere at that end of the paddock to not make herself look stupid by randomly turning around. Mercedes and Toto seemed like a good choice. Emilia could also ask the Team Principal to see whether Alfa Romeo have any interest in her. Even if Alfa have interest, they would probably be overruled by Ferrari who want one of their drivers in the seat.

To make matters worse, Valtteri was in the garage and Emilia didn't particularly want to encounter him. Clearly Valtteri did as he stopped talking to his engineer and headed towards Emilia.

"Practicing your reserve driver duties for next year?" Valtteri chuckled. Emilia stopped and turned to face him.

"I guess I should congratulate you." Emilia replied. "I presume it was your idea to keep it a secret from me?"

"Actually it wasn't. I didn't know Jost didn't tell you." Valtteri admitted. Was that supposed to make Emilia feel better? "I guess it'll be nice going from second driver to first again. I mean you can relate to that right?" Valtteri was really pushing Emilia but she didn't see any benefit in causing a scene.

"I don't know what you're on about, Williams don't have favourites. Both drivers are treated equally and whoever is in front gets the priority of strategy. I don't have to let my teammate past whenever he comes within a second of me. But you can relate to that right?" Emilia knew that they were in entirely different situations in terms of teammates but also where they were in their career. Emilia could still get a shot at a top team later on whereas Valtteri would probably not get the chance again.

"George is nowhere compared to Lewis." Bottas responded defending himself.

"If I remember correctly, George was way faster than you in Sakhir. He ended up behind you at the end but the world knows he was much quicker especially as he didn't even know how to use the car. So I think that makes you nowhere compared to Lewis as well but I didn't need to tell you that, you can just look at the Championship." Emilia pointed out and Toto entered the garage so she went off to talk to him. Emilia was aware that if she looked at the Championship, she would see herself a mile behind George but she was a rookie. Valtteri did not have the same excuse.