Chapter 17: Race Five

Blissful. That's how Emilia would describe her sleep. It was the best she'd ever slept the night before a race, maybe because she fell asleep in someone's arms. That someone was now gone but had left a note on top of her phone which he'd kindly put on charge presumably before he had left. Emilia moved over of her bed which she had definitely not been under before Lando had left meaning he had tucked her in prior to him leaving. She stretched across for the note and read it.

You fell asleep and I didn't want you to get cold hence why you're under the covers. The movie was great especially the ending shame you missed it :) I had to get up early because I have to be at the track at an unreasonable time, sorry that I'm not here when you wake up.

See you out on track

Lando x

The note was incredibly sweet something Lando didn't have to do but did anyway along with putting her phone on charge. The gesture was small but greatly appreciated by the Williams driver. She climbed out of bed and got ready in her hotel with a smile on her face. Her trainer and manager noticed this when they saw her at breakfast that morning.

"What have you done?" Christine asked concerned as soon as Emilia had sat down with her food.

"Nah, it's not what she's done. It's who's she's done." Aurelia disagreed. Emilia almost spat out her food.

"No one." Emilia replied shaking her head she was trying to hide a smirk but wasn't doing it very successfully.

"Well you're clearly smiling about something." Aurelia observed. Emilia hid her face in her hands. Her friends had obviously spied her unusual happiness before the race but they would undoubtedly freak out if they knew what happened and she would have rather save it for a time where there weren't so many people around. Aurelia and Christine looked at each other.

"George." Christine said to the Spaniard.

"Lando." Aurelia argued looking confused with the trainer's conclusion. "Emilia just tell us who's right."

"You." Emilia stuffed more food in her face. There was no way she was getting out of that room unless she told them. "Hang on, why did you say George?" It had taken a few moments for the driver to pick up on the fact that Christine had suggested she was with her teammate.

"I don't know, I just thought there would more likely be something going on because you two seem pretty close and I didn't think you and Lando would stop being blind enough to see you like each other." Christine stated. Emilia would never think of George like that, they're friendship was too strong for it to become anything else.

"So what happened between you and Lando then?" Aurelia questioned.

"Just went for a walk and then watched a film." Emilia explained. "And maybe fell asleep in his arms." Emilia muttered the last bit so only the two others would be able to hear her and from their reaction they certainly heard her.

"That is so cute." Aurelia squealed.

"Keep your shit together, I don't need everyone knowing." Emilia laughed and rolled her eyes. She didn't go to into much more detail than that because she wanted to keep it between her and Lando. However, she did talk about the note a lot on the way to the circuit just because it was something she'd never received before.

Race time came around quickly with Emilia speaking to her teammate and the other people in her garage quite a bit and they all noticed the additional perk she had today. Emilia blamed it on the good qualifying yesterday which could have been true but she didn't get a chance to speak to the man on her mind before the race.