Chapter 22

The next day Emilia actually got to go up the Eiffel Tower. The view was absolutely incredible from the top. She and Lando stood, in disguise, admiring the view for a quite a while. Emilia had checked social media to see whether anyone had spotted or recognised them and no one had. It added to the many great things about this trip to Paris. The pair of them had really enjoyed it but were leaving late in the next morning as Lando had to be in the factory that afternoon.

The mini vacation was only two full days long. It was relaxing and allowed the two drivers disconnect from the world for a few days. Being a Formula 1 driver was incredibly stressful and yes, Emilia did sign up for it, literally signed up for it, so she couldn't really complain. It was just nice to be able to take a few days to unwind and then she could refocus on the job once she got back. Aurelia had told her she needed to be in the garage for Thursday so she didn't need to worry about getting home early.

Tuesday night was spent in the hotel watching the city go by after an amazing day again. Emilia had no stopped smiling all day. It made her face hurt but she was so cheerful that she couldn't help it. It might have been due to the company. No, it was definitely due to the company.

Lando and Emilia had had dinner in the hotel again because they didn't want to be noticed outside the hotel together. Emilia needed to discuss that with Lando and see what he wanted to do about keeping their relationship secret.

"Lando?" Emilia started. She was sitting on one chair on the balcony with her knees up to her chest for warmth. Lando was sitting next to her with a table separating the two of them.

"Yeah Emi, what you thinking?" Lando softly responded. Emilia got confused for a second but remembered that he told her she had a thinking face. She decided it wouldn't be a bad thing to discuss her feelings and open up to him.

"About us." She replied.

"You regret it already?" Lando sat up and looked very worried. Emilia just smirked and ran her fingers through his hair. It was funny that he was so delusional – it was completely the opposite.

"No of course not." Emilia smiled.

"Then what is it?" Lando seemed on edge still and Emilia couldn't help but laugh. "Emilia I am genuinely worried here and you're laughing. This is not funny."

"I'm sorry. I was just going to say I've really enjoyed this mini holiday and I mean the company had been alright I guess." Emilia smiled. "What happens when we go back? Do we still keep this between us?" Lando contemplated before answering.

"I mean I'd love to hold your hand and show you off in public but you've raced six races. If you go public with me, it's not going to look the greatest." Lando voiced his opinion. In a way, Emilia did agree with him and that was the reasonable thing to do. Aurelia would agree with Lando on that one.

"That's a good point." Emilia nodded. "I mean I'm happy to go public whenever. I have had the hate bad enough for ages. A little more won't hurt." Oh how Emilia was wrong. 

"Just keep it between us for now. I don't want either of us to get any more hate for the minute." Lando sighed. He had been getting a lot of unnecessary hate which was hurting him more than he was giving away but Emilia knew that.

"Lando, don't worry about them, ignore them. I want you, and George does and Alex and Carlos  so please don't waste your time on some useless humans who spread hate on social media and try to put you down. Because if you let them get to you, they win and you can't let that happen." Emilia advised. She knew it was easier said than done but it was exactly what he would have to do.

"As long as I have you, I'm sure I'll be fine." Lando smiled and intertwined his fingers with hers.

"Same here." Emilia replied.

That's Racing Baby | Lando NorrisOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara