Chapter 78

Hi everyone! I've made a survey for feedback on this book it will literally take two minutes to do so please complete it it's really helpful to me and to you as well so you can get what you want out of my work. I'll leave the link here, in the comments and in my profile. Even if you're reading this chapter like a year after I've posted it please do still complete the survey it would help a lot! thank you :)

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/R7DRPTT

"Hey you." Lando smiled as he bumped into Emilia into the paddock.

"You alright?" Emilia asked hugging him.

"Yeah, a bit sore but I'll be fine." Lando smiled reassuringly. He started walking and Emilia joined him despite needing to go in the other direction. "Amazing drive today, I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, I'm sure you did too." Emilia answered not actually knowing how Lando's race went before the crash.

"Until some idiot put me in the wall." Lando sighed.

"It happens. Sometimes you're the idiot who puts people into the wall no reference to France whatsoever there." Emilia replied. "Are you doing anything tonight?"

"I was going to ask you the same. One of the medics in the medical centre gave me an idea."

"What's that?" Emilia smiled looking at the McLaren driver.

"A surprise. I'll message you later when I get back and then I'll help you with what to wear." Lando offered. He kissed Emilia on the cheek and headed into the McLaren motorhome. Emilia saw her favourite Team Principal and decided to walk back with him up the paddock.

"Toto, my fave, how are you?" Emilia greeted.

"Emilia what have you done now?" Toto huffed as Emilia turned around and walked with him.

"What nothing! I was trying to be nice to you for once instead of crashing into your drivers."

"I suppose that's a better change." Toto replied grumpily.

"What are you mad about? You got second and third today. And there was this really good driver who was in fourth who you definitely should give a seat."

"Not so loud Emilia." Toto hushed as people in the paddock might catch a wisp of her gossip.

"Yeah sorry. Is that a yes or a no then?" Emilia asked.

"Emilia, let me just get both Championships this year then I will sort that out." Toto responded. Emilia could see that she should not argue with him so she left it at that.

{--}

"You'll need something warmer than that, we're going outside." Lando said lying on Emilia's bed while she picked her outfit.

"You could have said that." Emilia replied squatting by her suitcase. She couldn't be bothered to unpack. "Right so I have two two-pieces. Red and green, which one should I go for? Then I'll bring a jacket." Emilia held her outfit choices up for Lando to see.

"Or you could mix them and look like the Mexican flag." Lando suggested laughing at his own joke while Emilia was not as amused.

"I'm going red, I'm not listening." Emilia responded giving Lando a look and changing her outfit.

"Are you good to go now?" Lando replied bored.

"No I've still got to do my hair and makeup." Emilia lied and Lando groaned. "No come on I've done it already. Glad you noticed." Emilia put on her trainers as Lando had informed her they would be doing quite a bit of walking. She got up to leave but Lando pulled her arm back so she bumped against him.