Chapter 28

Was it a date? Technically it was. Two people going out for dinner was a date right? But Emilia didn't feel that way for George and was pretty sure George didn't feel the same about her. Although, no one ever goes on a first date liking the person like that. The whole point of a date was that you got to know them. She wasn't with Lando anyway so she could go on a date if she wanted to. Was Emilia overthinking this? Absolutely. It was just George, her teammate, it would be fine.

Emilia had no debate on what to wear as she had only brought one dress. It was a genius thing to do especially as she was indecisive in what to wear. Apart from if Emilia went out twice she would have to wear the same thing. She was wearing a champagne-coloured dress that was off the shoulder and the material was bunched up by her right hip making it tight on her left side. This gathering of material on one side left it to cascade down with perfect creases down to her knee on the right side.

Once she was satisfied with how she appeared, Emilia left her room and took the lift down. The way the hotel was set out was so that you came out the lift and then had stairs to go down before you reached the lobby. As Emilia was carefully moving down the stairs as she was in heels, she spotted Lando. She shook her hair so the curled ends would fall behind her back as she walked towards George. 

To get more sponsors, Emilia had done some modelling but only a small amount. At least it had come in handy here as she knew how to look good. She could have worn this tonight on a date with Lando but he made a bad decision so she wasn't with him anymore. It may have been even better as she strut past him showing him what he's missing. George was on his phone but glanced up at Emilia and gawked.

"You ready to go?" Emilia smiled at him wanting to get out of there before Lando tried to talk to her. She quickly peeked at Lando who was staring at her with his mouth wide open. Emilia was satisfied with that.

"Uh, yeah." George nodded. "You look amazing by the way."

"Thank you, not so bad yourself." Emilia replied. George was dressed in a suit but without the blazer or the tie so technically just a shirt and nice trousers.

"You weren't that late this time." George commented as they got in his car.

"Ten minutes isn't that bad, especially for me." Emilia responded as she checked the time on her phone. She'd tried not to be late and it had almost worked but she'd sneezed while putting on mascara so she had to redo her whole eyes and the concealer underneath. Concealer was necessary as she was jetlagged so she hadn't adjusted to the time difference yet. It didn't help that she was about to leave Canada which wasn't ideal as it was to another time zone – home.

"Yeah, I'm impressed." George grinned. She didn't understand how he wasn't mad at her. She was mad at herself for doing it.

"You're not mad?" Emilia questioned.

"No, you said you're sorry; you made a mistake there's nothing else you can do. Plus, I can't be mad at you." George replied. It was very mature of him to say that.

"Why can't you be mad at me?" Emilia asked curious.

"I have no idea. Maybe I used all of it up being mad at you on Friday and Saturday." George laughed as he turned onto a small road. At the end of it there was a cute restaurant. It was a dark building but felt warm and cosy inside. Most of it was candlelit and in booths so it was private.

The two Williams drivers were seated in one in the corner away from the window on George's request. He didn't fancy entangling with the paparazzi which was the same for Emilia. She'd already been rumoured for dating George so it wasn't the end of the world if they saw them together but still wanted to eat her food in peace. Plus, they were teammates, they need team bonding team. Particularly after today's race.