Chapter 20: Race Six

Race day.

Yesterday had been the most important qualifying of the season and today was the race. Monaco was a circuit where overtaking was substantially difficult which meant strategy was key and maintaining positions on track was easier.

Emilia felt better than she had done when she woke up yesterday maybe because pretty much most of the work had been done for her by her decent qualifying. George had predictably beaten her but by no more than a tenth of a second. Though with her teammate so close to her, she had to avoid contact going into turn one that would end or impair either of their races and if she did so, it would not make her very popular back in the garage.

She'd left Alex's early while he was still up but awake and tried to make it look like she had slept in her bed rather than Lando's. He was still asleep when she got up but she saw Lando prior to her leaving. No one seemed to know that she had shared a bed with the McLaren driver thankfully. She walked through an bustling Monaco back to her hotel where she got ready.

"Emilia, hurry your arse up here." Aurelia called while Emilia was sorting her hair out in the bathroom. She wanted, for no particular reason, to put a bit more effort into her appearance by adding a touch of makeup just to see whether it would stay on while she raced. "You look like your about to go on a fucking runway not race in a car." Aurelia burst in and commented on Emilia's appearance.

"I'll take that as a compliment but I just decided to try makeup this morning. I don't know whether it will stay on, but it will be fun to try." Emilia responded picking up her bag before she left her room.

"The cockpit of that car is hot, I'm not sure it will stay on but you look gorgeous. If only you got a podium today." Aurelia replied. Emilia laughed at the unlikely event and gave her a wink as she shut the door behind them. They travelled to the circuit with Christine as well in a boat which was a new experience for all of them. "This is so cool!" She squealed.

"Nah, I'm not liking this." Christine shook her head clearly feeling a bit sick as they bumped along the Mediterranean.

"It won't be for much longer, we're almost there." Emilia assured. Unlike her trainer, she was enjoying the different mode of transport to the track which was definitely an upgrade to the usual car.

Mostly dry, they arrived at the track earlier than Aurelia had anticipated leaving them a few minutes to walk around before having to be in meetings and elsewhere. It was the only stress-free period Emilia got ahead of getting out to the grid where she walked up to the front for the national anthems. Charles and Carlos were already there and Emilia joined their conversation.

"Morning." She smiled.

"Ah, but it is afternoon." Charles corrected.

"You are right, it is." Emilia nodded rubbing her forehead. She had no idea why she still thought it was morning. Maybe it was because time had flown incredibly fast since she had got to the track which made her think it was earlier than it was even though she knew lights out was at three.

"Out late last night?" Carlos chuckled.

"Nah, we were at Alex's for the most of it and no alcohol involved." Emilia responded.

"Was Lando there?" Carlos questioned with a smirk on his face. Emilia bit her lip trying to hide her smile but didn't do a very good job at it. "Did he teach you Spanish?" Emilia knew exactly what he was referring to.

"Oh my God, you and Lando are together." Charles exclaimed. Emilia had no idea how he had worked that out from Carlos asking whether Lando was there but he could have already known.

That's Racing Baby | Lando Norrisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें