Chapter 24: Race Seven

TW: mention of sexual assault. If you don't want to read it, which is completely fine by me I completely understand, just leave a comment here or dm me. I don't think I said this last chapter but if you have been through any of this, I just want you to know you are so strong and loved and I know people deal with things differently but talking about it with someone can help a lot, I just want you all to know that I love you and my dms are always open if you need someone <3

Emilia's sleep that night was dreamless thankfully. She was worried she would have nightmares about last night's event but luckily, she didn't. 

The Williams driver tried to roll over to check the time on her phone but she found her movement restricted by an arm. George, in his sleep, had wrapped his arm around Emilia's torso. She didn't know what to do so she stayed there for a minute to see if he would move away. He didn't and Emilia really needed a pee so she carefully moved George's arm around her but not without waking him up.

"Morning." George greeted sleepily. Emilia waited for him to notice his arm around her but he didn't.

"George your arm." Emilia whispered.

"Oh shit sorry." George apologised and rolled over so Emilia could go to the bathroom. 

Emilia sorted herself out in the bathroom and got changed before coming back out. George was still lying in bed when she got back. He was awake but barely.

"George, you need to get up." Emilia reminded. He groaned and rolled over. She went over and pulled the covers off him and checked her phone to see if Lando had replied which he hadn't. He was definitely ignoring her.

Hiding her phone from George, she googled her name and Lewis' name together and separately to see whether they'd been spotted kissing. Unfortunately, they had but the good thing was that they hadn't figured out it was her. The picture quality and lighting were so bad Emilia was questioning whether it was her or not. That picture would need to get removed or off the internet somehow, Aurelia would now how.

Coincidentally, Aurelia knocked on the door and told Emilia to hurry up. The female driver spun around to George and pointed for him to go in the bathroom silently. Once he was hidden, Emilia opened the door a tad.

"Emilia Louise Miller you need to get your beautiful arse down to breakfast." Aurelia instructed. Emilia did not like the use of her full name and stuck her tongue out at her manager. "What are you hiding?"

"I'm not hiding anything." Emilia was not a skilled liar and her voice had gone up a few octaves proving Aurelia right. She kept her right hand behind the door so her manager couldn't see the bandages.

"Fine, who are you hiding?" Aurelia pressed.

"No one." Aurelia raised her eyebrows not believing her. "Okay fine, I promise I will tell you later. I will be at breakfast in five." Emilia promised. Aurelia tapped her watch signifying that she was counting and left. Emilia sighed as she shut the door.

"Your middle name is Louise?" George appeared from the bathroom and leant against the doorway laughing.

"Yes." Emilia replied grabbing all the stuff she needed for the day. "You need to leave because you're driving in twenty minutes and I don't want to be late to the circuit." Emilia ordered. George picked up his stuff and they agreed on a time to meet and then left.

At breakfast, Emilia explained everything that had happened the previous evening. She felt a lot more able to talk about it however she didn't want to talk about it if she could help it. Aurelia said they would need to go to Mercedes to help them keep Emilia unidentifiable that morning. Christine also freaked out over George sleeping in her bed but was quietened by Aurelia as it was under the wrong circumstances. After Emilia spoke, it was pretty silent; the girls offered her support but she didn't really want it, she just wanted to forget about it.