Chapter 80: Race Twenty-One

"Good morning." Emilia was greeted by Lando as she rolled over.

"Has the alarm gone off yet?" Emilia asked her eyes still shut. There was a bright light streaming through the curtains.

"No it's supposed to go off in two minutes but your alarm is annoying so I turned it off." Lando responded. Emilia could hear his feet pattering around the room. She opened her eyes to see Lando brushing his teeth but also looking for something. Emilia was guessing a top as he didn't have one on.

"That's a nice view to wake up to." Emilia smiled.

"Do you know where my top is?" Lando questioned.

"I vote you turn up to the track shirtless." Emilia replied watching Lando rummage around the room. "You better be putting everything back where you found it."

"Yeah I will once I found my top." Lando huffed.

"It's probably in the bathroom. I'm not sure though, everything was taken off in quite a hurry." Emilia smirked reminiscing on the previous night. "I mean you're really showing your age, the memory loss and all."

"That's not funny, I've got to be in early." Lando shouted from the bathroom.

"It's not my fault you had a shitshow in qualifying yesterday." Emilia responded pulling the covers up more. Lando had an extra early debrief as Williams had done so well.

"I know this Williams team is so annoying." Lando returned from the bathroom with his top that he put on and walked towards Emilia. "There's one driver, they're beautiful, amazing and so inspiring." Lando sat down on the bed. "Then there's the other one, she's a bit of a bitch some of the time." He laughed.

"Someone won't be making it past turn one today. Oh wait, you're too far behind me to brake test you. Shame that." Emilia rolled her eyes. "And, I'm going to tell George you called him beautiful."

"It's the age darling, it brings me wisdom." Lando leaned into Emilia pressing a light kiss on her lips. "If you get ready in ten minutes, you can have a lift with me."

"You know that's not happening and don't make it a competition because you know I'll be right." Emilia sighed getting out of bed.

"Prove me wrong." Lando grinned. Emilia sat on his lap and he held her hips.

"I could get ready in ten minutes but I'm going with Christine today so I'll see you later." Emilia cupped Lando's face and kissed him softly.

"This better not be some sort of distraction to make me late." Lando whispered. "Because if it is, it's working." Emilia pulled back and got off his lap.

"No that would be cruel of me and I can beat you on track anyways, I don't need to distract you." Emilia shrugged heading to the bathroom. "Oh and if I don't see you later, be at mine for seven because party starts at eight."

"Why do I need to be here at seven then?" Lando leaned on the bathroom door as Emilia tried to comb her hair.

"Extra-curricular activities is one way of putting it and I need help picking out my dress. But now, you need to go because otherwise you'll be late to your meeting." Emilia hurried to Lando to give him one last kiss before he left for the circuit.

Emilia's day was full so the race came around quite quickly. After her conversation with Toto the previous day, she was desperate to prove to her critics wrong – not that they were willing to listen to her anyway but she'd make them.

The last time Emilia felt desperate to prove something was Silverstone and Russia and both of those races resulted in a podium – one resulted in a win. A podium was definitely on the cards for the race especially starting in P2.