Chapter 60: Race Fifteen

Emilia knocked on the door. She needed someone to be there for her and someone who understands her. After the day she had, she wanted to talk to someone.

"Hey." Mick said as he opened the door.

"Is Justine here?" Emilia mouthed just in case she was in Mick's room.

"Uh no. Do you want to come in?" Mick offered. Emilia nodded passing a mirror on the way and seeing the state she was in. She'd looked better. It was evident she'd been crying. Clearly Emilia needed a better waterproof mascara. It could survive qualifying but not her friend deceiving her. "I've uh got you a warm flannel to wipe the makeup off your face. I know it won't wipe it off fully but-"

"Thank you Mick." Emilia interrupted his waffling to show appreciation. She held her hand out for him to pass it to her but it stayed in his hand as he sat on his bed. Carefully, Mick held her face as he wiped the makeup from around her eyes. He left the washcloth on the side so it wouldn't make the bed wet and rested his head back against the pillows.

"So what's the tea Mils?" Mick questioned.

"You haven't called me that in ages." Emilia smiled.

"Yeah I wouldn't really call you that unless I liked you and from when you won the championship till the holiday we went on, I didn't really like you." Mick reasoned.

"Fair point." Emilia responded.

"Tell me about your day. I heard a bit about it on Instagram but I want to know what happened from you." Mick admitted.

"F1 posted the radio?" Emilia groaned.

"Uh yeah they did." Mick nodded.

"Ugh." Emilia rolled over putting her face into the pillow. "That's not even the worst part of my day."

"What was then?" Mick asked softly.

"I fired my PR and manager who are the same person because she was making out with Richard and had been dating him for months and lying about it." Emilia replied.

"I'm sorry what?" Mick sat up. Emilia rolled back over leaning against the Haas driver so she could see his face.

"Yeah Aurelia has been sleeping with Richard for months and she told me she went on holiday with her girlfriend Maria during summer break." Emilia sighed.

"Does she know?" Mick questioned.

"She knew all of it yet she still did it." Emilia answered.

"I still think you should have done something about that." Mick voiced.

"No." Emilia shook her head.

"Okay but still I cannot believe your manager did that? Wait how did she end up as your manager and PR?"

"I met her in F2 and we were friends then but this year I asked her to be both but she was employed to me rather than to the team because I thought the team would want an influence and I trusted Aurelia. I wanted Aurelia rather than a random person because I know I'm not usually good at these media things and she knew she could tell me when to stop talking, when to move on, what not to say and when those photos of Lewis and I got out, she helped sort that out."

"A photo of you and Lewis?" Mick queried.

"You are so behind on everything." Emilia rolled her eyes. "Lewis kissed me because he thought I liked him and we had to get the photo off the internet before someone figured out it was me because that would be a PR nightmare but Aurelia was so helpful with it all I don't understand. Is she in love with him? I get you can't help who you fall in love with but she knows about him."