Chapter 72

Emilia spoke to her therapist the Tuesday after the race. She opened up slightly about her friends as that was the main focus of the session and the therapist proposed a brilliant idea. Emilia explained that she wouldn't class herself as friends with George or Lando and they certainly wouldn't class each other as friends. Emilia mentioned that she missed the four of them meeting up together as they did at the start of the season. So, the therapist suggested they all meet up together to resolve tensions and Emilia agreed it was a good idea. She called Alex first knowing he would be most on board for it.

"Hey Alex." Emilia greeted.

"Emilia, hi. What's up?"

"I want to meet up, the four of us like we used to but I know things are tricky between George and Lando."

"I want to do something too. I speak to George and Lando when it's just two of us but they won't speak to each other. How do you want to do this?"

"I think the only way we can get them to meet up is I guess if they don't know." Emilia replied.

"Yeah they won't agree to it otherwise. My house or yours?"

"We can do it at mine but George and Lando aren't really speaking to me either so the invitation would have to come from you."

"No that's fine we can do it at mine. We can spend the weekend in Monaco providing they decide to get along."

"Yeah let's hope they do because I don't know how quickly they can book a flight back to the UK." Emilia chuckled. "This is the right thing to do isn't it?"

"They're not going to solve their problems by themselves so they just need us to push them together. It was a great idea from your therapist by the way." Alex answered.

"I hope so." Emilia sighed and hung up. Alex informed her a few hours later that both Lando and George said they would go. Emilia hoped they wouldn't get on the same plane with each other and realise it was all set up. She thought about asking to go with one of them on a plane but it would be an awkward few hours if she did.

Getting an early flight, Emilia arrived at Alex's mid-morning leaving her stuff in one of his rooms. They decided to use the time to go on a bike ride to impress their trainers. Alex had a spare bike that Emilia could borrow though she had to adjust the seat because she wasn't as lanky as the Haas driver.

"I feel like we haven't spoken in ages." Alex commented as they cycled up a hill.

"I know, it's just been messy with the other two not speaking." Emilia replied.

"If I recall correctly, you said you weren't talking to them either."

"George hasn't spoken to me since the night I won. I think I did something but I was too drunk to remember and I can't say that to him. I don't think he'd react great if I told him I don't remember hurting him, I wouldn't want to be told that." Emilia answered.

"That's true. I guess this will be beneficial to you as well then." Alex responded.

"I don't want to talk about me, this just for them."

"I think we can make it for you as well."

"We really don't have to." Emilia answered.

"It's not going to be any good to anyone if the four of us can't hang out because you are acting like a child and won't speak to them."

"I am not acting like a child." Emilia scoffed.

"You think George and Lando behave like children, they're nowhere compared to you." Alex joked.