Chapter 15

"You're finally here." Lando said excitedly gesturing for the two Williams drivers to come in. He'd organised an evening at his where they could all do a combination of eat pizza, watch films and play video games. Emilia was in as soon as food was mentioned.

"Hey, guys!" Alex greeted as George and Emilia entered the living room. There were beanbags, blankets and cute lights everywhere showing that Lando had put a lot of effort into making the space comfortable for his friends. Emilia sunk into one of the beanbags.

"Someone wasn't ready when I got to their house." George revealed. She lived relatively close to George which was unintentional but very convenient because it meant one of them could drink while the other drove home. Even if they weren't drinking and instead working, it saved effort and her teammate wasn't exactly bad company in the car.

"You had to wait five minutes; you don't need to be so overdramatic." Emilia pointed out. She had tried to be on time and she didn't exactly need to do anything other than get dressed and put light makeup on.

"What were you even doing to be late?" Alex laughed. Lando was smirking quietly leaning up against the door having not sat down.

"I was helping my Grandad plant some flowers because he's couldn't do it and we ran over a bit but I didn't want to tell him I had to be here with you guys so I made a pretty good recovery to only be five minutes late." Emilia explained.

"Fred, what a lad." George commented. Emilia was glad he got on with her relative. He loved Formula 1 and it was amazing that he got to know some of the drivers.

"That's so sweet of you to help him Em." Alex smiled.

"Thanks." Emilia smiled back.

"Does anyone know what pizza they want?" Lando asked changing the subject and the tone of the conversation.

"We were just having a nice little sentimental moment and you just had to bring pizza into it." George sighed.

"I'm sorry guys, I'm hungry." Lando laughed clearly not sorry at all.

"Just whilst we're here, who does the best disappointed face." George sat up wanting to make a competition out of it.

"You're ahead of us on points can you not be satisfied with that?" Emilia grumbled.

"Yeah that is true." Alex agreed.

"You guys just know you're going to lose anyway." George relaxed back into the beanbag knowing he had wound them up.

"Right, no we're doing this then." Emilia decided and sat up. Alex sighed and joined her.

"You guys are like literal three year olds." Lando shook his head. He was smiling and couldn't take it seriously.

"Says the person who is the height of a literal three year old." Emilia responded.

"You're shorter than Lando." Alex pointed out. Emilia stood up and pulled Lando with her. Seeing as the other two were considerably taller, they could judge from above. Emilia and Lando were very similar heights so the pair couldn't tell leaving George and Alex to come to a decision. "Lando's taller." Alex quickly said.

"I refuse to believe that." Emilia replied. She was not losing this battle. Neither of them were wearing shoes so that didn't give either of them and advantage.

"I'm sorry but it's true." George grinned. Emilia huffed and sat down. "We never actually got to see who can do the best disappointed face."

"Em wins." Lando concluded. George stood up in an outroar and tackled Lando playfully pushing him off the beanbag. Lando didn't even get a chance to explain his verdict. Emilia and Alex watched laughing as the other two tussled. George eventually got off him and let him explain. "If you'd let me justify my decision maybe you would understand." Lando threw George a dirty look. "I only picked Em because she did a brilliant one when I was throwing up in her toilet after Alex's birthday party and after I said something I really shouldn't have."