Chapter 18

"Are you sure you're alright with this?" Emilia questioned.

"Yeah of course." George responded confidently.

"Thank you." Emilia smiled.

"Anytime." George replied with a grin as he held the door of the Wetherspoons open for his teammate. They stepped inside and the familiar smell of food and alcohol filled their nostrils. They were directed to a table and sat down.

It was Sunday and the two Williams drivers had planned to go out for a roast at the local Wetherspoons. However, Emilia had also told her Grandfather she would have lunch with him before she left for Monaco and seeing as she was working the Monday and flying out on the Tuesday, she wouldn't get the chance. She explained her situation to George who was kind enough to extend the invite to Fred. He arrived within a couple of minutes of the George and Emilia who both stood up to greet him. Emilia hugged her Grandfather whereas George shook his hand.

"Hi, I'm George." Emilia's teammate greeted her relative who was pleasantly surprised by the handshake. They'd met many times on facetime but never in person until now.

"Fred." He responded with a smile on his face. They all sat back down again and examined the menu. "Thank you George, for allowing me to join the two of you it's very kind. Shame someone wasn't organised enough to see that she was busy." Fred chuckled.

"I have Aurelia for a reason." Emilia defended referring to her manager who practically planned her race weekends down to the second. When Emilia was in the UK, Aurelia was back in Spain meaning she wasn't around to make sure things didn't clash like that. Emilia clearly needed to do a better job at it.

"That is very true." Fred nodded. "Is she back in Spain?"

"Yeah, she lives there so she doesn't come here unless she has to." Emilia answered. She didn't blame Aurelia for wanting to stay in the sun rather than rainy England. They would have continued the conversation but the waiter interrupted them and took their orders. They were informed that it would only be a short wait for the food and they spoke a lot about racing with George being astounded by the magnitude of Fred's racing knowledge.

"Who's your favourite driver then?" George asked with a beer in his hand and a grin on his face.

"I like one of the Williams drivers but I can't quite remember their name." Fred smirked playfully.

"George Russell?" George suggested.

"Yes, that's it." Fred looked to his granddaughter who was utterly dissatisfied with his answer whereas George was howling with laughter. "Not really. Sorry George, Emilia will always be my favourite." Emilia dropped her sour attitude and stuck her tongue out at George.

"Ah it's fine. I totally understand that. I do feel bad for you being related to her though." George teased.

"It is very unfortunate isn't it?" Fred laughed.

"How did this all end up ganging on me?" Emilia replied. She was glad that her Grandfather and George were getting on. The food arrived and they all tucked in to the delicious meal with all three of them ordering a Sunday Roast.

"How's Monaco looking?" Fred enquired and popped a roast potato in his mouth afterwards.

"Alright. The street circuits aren't the best suited to our cars but we should be in the points." George nodded. It didn't look like another shot for a podium unfortunately for Emilia and she would do everything she can to try and get one this weekend but she does try every weekend. "Hopefully I won't get outqualified again." George mocked himself.

"Emilia did a superb job didn't she?" Fred grinned at his granddaughter who modestly smiled. She didn't really want to talk about the race still and she knew that it was where the conversation was going. "Even in the race you did amazing."